A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th February 2015, 05:20 PM

Default Not all B&O Installs are the same

Having an interesting couple of days with an A4 Avant while Glasgow Audi are being incompetent at diagnosing and replacing a faulty door handle sensor.

Anyways.. This A4 has a decent spec: 3G MMI (which seems really fast, possibly faster than the 3G plus in the A7) and various other buttons, but crap seats and a B&O install.

This doesn't have pop up dash speakers, or shiny grills everywhere and certainly is nowhere near as good as the A7 or D3 installs I've heard. It gets muddy and sounds frankly crap above a volume level of 20 where the A7 happily goes to 34 (don't ask why 34... I don't know either) with very little distortion, and even at that, I can't tell if it's the speakers or the blood beginning to leak from my ears (yes, it's that loud).

Anyway... Just thought you ought to know

Oh.. and on the A7.. the car doesn't want to lock with the rear driver's door handle when it's really rainy (not common up here at all!), they had an error from it when it was in being serviced, asked to have it for 2 days to test further, and then another day, despite me telling them exactly how to replicate the fault.. They have now had it demonstrate the fault, and despite telling me they had ordered the parts in advance just in case, I will still have to wait until Monday... Grr..

I know.. I know..