A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 14th October 2014, 02:04 PM

Default Goodwood Breakfast meet, Nov 2nd, VEE-POWER Sunday

I'm thinking of going to this and have submitted a pre-registration request.
If accepted I'll have to do some serious cleaning though, or just use the main car park in shame......

Anyone else thinking of going along? Entry is free.
See: http://grrc.goodwood.com/breakfast-club/2014-calendar

To register for a pass to the main circuit (not guaranteed): http://grrc.goodwood.com/breakfast-c...e-registration
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions and extended leather. Ski hatch retrofit. Aftermarket reversing camera. DVB-T and XCarlink now removed as redundant.
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. Agate Grey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, Tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon. Added Auto-dim mirror, Leather seats, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 14th October 2014, 02:41 PM

How about a Southern Regional meet on this day at Goodwood?
I'm up for this. Anyone else??????
Sony rear entertainment package.
Bose sound system.
Audi Navigation Plus.
20 inch Final Edition alloys
Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble :
1997 A8 Quattro Sport - Now sold when S8 FE purchased
Old 15th October 2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzya8 View Post
How about a Southern Regional meet on this day at Goodwood?
I'm up for this. Anyone else??????
Nice to see you again today David - mini meet in the Gatwick corner

Have checked with SWMBO, and have been reminded that due to imminent arrival of niece/nephew next week, has us booked for a trip to Bristol that weekend so no Goodwood breakfast for me this time

Adrian

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 15th October 2014, 03:25 PM

Adrian, I noticed in another thread you mentioned going to a Goodwood 4*4 themed meet and parking on the main straight, presumably because your FE is rather unusual and of course immaculate.
I had a "general" pass to that event but sadly couldn't get there in the end.

This time I've got a Site Access pass, but not for the main straight. Will need to get cleaning now!
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions and extended leather. Ski hatch retrofit. Aftermarket reversing camera. DVB-T and XCarlink now removed as redundant.
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. Agate Grey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, Tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon. Added Auto-dim mirror, Leather seats, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 15th October 2014, 04:13 PM

It is completely random what ends up parked where - when it got busy at the one i went to they were filling the straight with people carriers and any old tat that wouldn't fit in the car park, but earlier in the morning they'd turned people away to the public car park even though they were on 'the list' because they'd let too many Audis in apparently......basically it's a lottery!

Just looked back through my pics (some attached) and it was November 2011 - doesn't seem that long ago!

Enjoyable morning out and basically anything 'interesting' gets a look in for entry - parking round the back in the paddock is quite good fun too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020051.jpg (685.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1020052.jpg (738.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1020077.jpg (486.9 KB, 9 views)

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 15th October 2014, 04:29 PM

Nov 2011 it was, I still have the email confirmation from Goodwood.

I guess my old S8 might have got in near you as well if I'd made it there; was certainly interesting given its age and all the toys it had.
Old 15th October 2014, 05:12 PM

I came in with an R8 and a couple of S/RS4s and we got split up and parked all over the place!

Old 16th October 2014, 12:21 PM

Hi Guys, I got my pre-registration pass today as well, so I will be there on the 2nd. Hope to see some more A8/S8 owners. Any more interest in a mini meet?
Sony rear entertainment package.
Bose sound system.
Audi Navigation Plus.
20 inch Final Edition alloys
Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble :
1997 A8 Quattro Sport - Now sold when S8 FE purchased