A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 22nd March 2015, 05:24 PM

Default D2 PF S8 For Sale

It is with a heavy heart that I offer my 1998 PF S8 up for sale.

My wife is learning to drive and we need something slow, dull and sensible to insure for her to practice in.

I've owned the S8 since Oct '13 and have covered 5,000 thoroughly enjoyable and trouble free miles in her. Affectionately known as 'The Barge' she has definitely satisfied my desire to own a fast cruiser with sofa like comfort and actually I wouldn't be letting her go except for the above.

She's done 141,110 miles and has a full service history which includes a mountain of receipts.

Last service was carried out at 139,474 in Oct last year and included the usual fluids and filters.

Long MOT until Dec '15, passed with no advisories.

New cam belt, tensioners, waterpump and thermostat done less than 9,000 miles ago @ 132,517

She's sitting on 4 Continental Conti Sport Contact tyres with a decent amount of tread left.

Receipt present from 2011 @ 117k miles for £3,000 which included a recon gearbox and new torque converter. The box was previously completely replaced in 2006. It is probably due an oil change but is currently smooth, quiet and shifts when it's supposed to.

It's on a private plate with an S8 theme which will be included in the sale.

Spec Includes:
Xenon Headlights
Rear Blind
Auto Dim Rear View Mirror
Heated Front Seats
Rear parking sensors
BOSE Speakers
Ming Blue
Half-Cream Leather/Alcantra
18" Avus Alloys

She's not perfect and it was my plan, given the time and space, to resolve many of these issues. Alas I have neither so they will require attention to return her to perfect order.

The pictures tell the true story but to summarize:

No dents but bodywork is poor with a number of scuffs and scratches to the bumpers from various 'parking incidents'.
Cruise control doesn't work
Passenger arm rest broken
Water marks on leather interior and damp front carpets due to familiar blocked drains issue.
Front left fog-light cover missing

Radio is not original as it suffered from an erratic volume problem.
Aftermarket stereo includes iPhone/iPod dock, USB input, 3.5mm jack input and Bluetooth with hands free speaker phone. Radio controllable from an App via Bluetooth.

All other electrics work as they should.

Due to the above and the fact that she's a less desirable PF, I'm looking for £1,600 but am open to reasonable offers. Would also consider a p\ex for something learner friendly with a manual box (nothing French!)

Would like to see her go to an enthusiast hence offering her up here first but will be placing an ad on a well known auction site or trading in if no interest.

Old 28th March 2015, 06:46 PM

Bump for the weekend.

As I mentioned, am open to offers. Try me.

Car is located in West London close to M4 and A40
Old 19th April 2015, 11:03 AM

Now sold.