Old 8th December 2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
matty am i right below

you were spotted on anpr in
but not out
then you were not spotted in
then spotted out
That's correct. I'm tempted to ignore it but Singh is correct and I shouldn't. According to LazyDaisy on MSE forum I should follow this guide, it's very very long though.... Not what I need when I'm already time poor.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4754020

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 8th December 2015, 02:45 PM

how much do they want from you right now to settle ?
Old 8th December 2015, 02:54 PM

Sod settling! Write and tell them that you do not accept the charge. That you were dropping someone off and their equipment has failed to show what actually happened and that you can provide a corroborated statement that you were not in the car park for the whole time they claim. Tell them that if they wish to contend this and procede with any case in court they need to provide all the data logging evidence (unedited) covering the period in question to you and your lawyer (you do not need to have one at this time - just the threat of one). You cannot and should not be charged/invoiced for an act you have not committed.
Old 8th December 2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Sod settling! Write and tell them that you do not accept the charge. That you were dropping someone off and their equipment has failed to show what actually happened and that you can provide a corroborated statement that you were not in the car park for the whole time they claim. Tell them that if they wish to contend this and procede with any case in court they need to provide all the data logging evidence (unedited) covering the period in question to you and your lawyer (you do not need to have one at this time - just the threat of one). You cannot and should not be charged/invoiced for an act you have not committed.
. . . or better still send David in to sort them out!!!
Couldnt agree with him more by the way, these people are vultures.

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 8th December 2015, 03:35 PM

They want £125 for something I didn't do. If it did go to court I would assume it could set a precedent that ANPR isn't 100% reliable and could help many other people fighting these parking cowboys. However, I doubt they would take it that far.

I agree with David and I've decided I'm not going to pay. I have 14 days from their letter to formally acknowledge (unlike the 7days they state!). So in the next few evenings I'll be studying LazyDaisy's advice and pen my letter.

The missus just wants me to focus on the house decoration...

Edit, Just to add the Manager of this Holiday Inn sympathises but they can not enter dialogue with the parking operator. They will confirm on headed paper that the conference took place on that date, which in turn will help with witness statements. Ironically it's free parking to all Hotel users so there's been no financial loss.

Last edited by mattylondon; 8th December 2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 17th December 2015, 08:56 PM

So I sent Civil Enforcement my polite f**k off not paying letter by First Class Signed For a week ago. Online tracking says it's still in Royal Mail's system... at the same time I sent Christmas cards to Switzerland and they've arrived. So I'm thinking it's another underhand tactic not to sign for the letter and claim they have received nothing. At least I have proof of postage. TBC...

Old 17th December 2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
So I sent Civil Enforcement my polite f**k off not paying letter by First Class Signed For a week ago. Online tracking says it's still in Royal Mail's system... at the same time I sent Christmas cards to Switzerland and they've arrived. So I'm thinking it's another underhand tactic not to sign for the letter and claim they have received nothing. At least I have proof of postage. TBC...
Cant you email them, email is a legally binding form of communication IIRC request delivery and read receipt?

Old 17th December 2015, 09:34 PM

They only list a postal address on their letters to contact them, a telephone number is provided for 'payment', and the email on their website is for business enquiries only.

TBH I want them to look like idiots should they wish to take me to Small Claims.

Old 18th December 2015, 01:21 AM

How about personally visit said office and make them sign for receipt of your document or have a courier do it for you.

Old 18th December 2015, 06:20 AM

Ignore them...

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro