A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 17th December 2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post

I'm sure we could find somewhere Darren, it will be interesting to see. I have to warn you though my plus hits 60 in 4.4 seconds dead and as it is a plus is delimited from factory to 175 mph (not that I would in this country) sounds like thunder, it really is evil, if I keep it for inters, it will be pushing 540ish BHP, no cats and a remap, 0-60 will be 3.8/9 and 1/4 mile in the early 12s. I know two C5 RS6 owners that hit 200+ mph with that spec, one of them hit a GPS verified 204 MPH.
I know Amar that your RS6+ will be faster but by just how much ?? is it that much faster than a D3 and is it worth the sacrifice of all that luxury, comfort and toys ??
I love your car Amar, it looks fantastic and i bet it goes like s**t of a shovel but at the end of the day i would like to give it back and drive home in my 8
Old 17th December 2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
is it worth the sacrifice of all that luxury, comfort and toys ??
Power steering, AC, electric drivers window is all the luxury I need. Would not mind heated windscreen- the rest is just toys.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 17th December 2011, 07:34 PM

Yeah it looks, sounds and goes really well. The interior is terrible, I'm not fussed about the gearbox or engine blowing up as it will be warrantied if I keep it with a company that have history of paying out claims straight away no fuss whatsoever on the RS6. Right now I could get really good money for the plus, I could sell the plus, buy a D3 S8 and have a couple of grand left over. Will it still be the same story a few months down the line? Or will C5s suddenly drop and then I'll be paying to upgrade to a D3, who knows. My RS6 will easily be the most expensive for sale in the country if I were to list it. There is only one other plus for sale right now in silver with 102k for £17k, not sure if the sprint one on DRC with 80k for £22,500 sold or not. I'm fast approaching 38k now, putting in £110 of fuel a week compared to £69 a month with the Beemer.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 18th December 2011, 12:43 AM

I'm pretty sure the S8 values will continue to plummet just as fast as every other big engined expensive car
Old 18th December 2011, 01:15 PM
Banned

only thing i will upgrade mine to is a D3 S8 with miltek, like i mentioned quite some time ago i test drove the rs6 and was not impressed i hate to say this but it felt cheap in comparison to any facelift D2, yes 0-60 is great but try to live with it in the long run an you sacrifice comfort over power, its a hard balance, Unit 20 are offering a drive in and drive out Pes package for the D2 s8 std 360bhp drive out with 520bhp thats 10k includes a hire car for a few days and a full 12 month warrenty on any failings, then you can have comfort and sacks of power in a lighter chassi
Old 18th December 2011, 02:44 PM

Went to see a D3 S8 today, didn't drive it. Interior is nice, wasn't impressed with the B&O at all, but I only had the radio to test it. I reckon I'll hang on to the plus for a bit. What I have loved about my BMW is the way they handle and drive, even a 2.0D BMW out handles a performance S/RS Audi. What I like about the Audi is the four wheel drive and twin turbo power so I reckon I've found a car that will do both. Yep, I reckon my next car will be *drum roll* a Porsche 996 Turbo. It should be quicker then the RS6, and out handle the BMW. The interior won't be as nice but it is a good sacrifice and I can't afford a 997 yet. So that's where I'm at now.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 18th December 2011, 02:54 PM

You change your mind with the wind Amar lol.
You need to try a D3 S8 properly before you dismiss it out of hand.
I agree you should hang on to the plus longer but you're putting miles on it when it should be a second car really. Get yourself another runaround if you can, keep it for weekends etc and take your time trying a few S8 D3's etc

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 18th December 2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesbike View Post
Unit 20 are offering a drive in and drive out Pes package for the D2 s8 std 360bhp drive out with 520bhp thats 10k includes a hire car for a few days and a full 12 month warrenty on any failings,
Presumably that's for the later 40-valve engine, not the 32-valve I have.

So, how do they do that and what's included in the price?
(and what does Pes mean?)
Old 18th December 2011, 03:07 PM

Amar, what was it about the B&O that failed to impress? I have only been looking at D3s with the B&O, but not listened to it yet
Old 18th December 2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Presumably that's for the later 40-valve engine, not the 32-valve I have.

So, how do they do that and what's included in the price?
(and what does Pes mean?)
PES make superchargers - based in the States - they're imported by a bloke known as Spinner on the forums and Unit20 are one of 2 or 3 approved installers.

Cost includes all the parts required plus fitting and re-map to suit.

Aside from the cost, what puts me off is the fact you could really do with a 6th gear if you're running that much extra power and the gearbox will be put under greater strain if you use the power a lot