A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 20th March 2011, 03:30 PM

Ooh.. you're only on 3450.. You may want to look at the 5570 upgrade. AMI should work OK on that version though.

I know.. I know..

Old 20th March 2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
I've think I might be able to locate a copy of 5570 if you pm me ahemmm
PM should be with you
Old 20th March 2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHe View Post
Ooh.. you're only on 3450.. You may want to look at the 5570 upgrade. AMI should work OK on that version though.
Yep! I need to do something as at the moment the bluetooth works fine for making/taking calls, but I have no phone book access for my Android (Gingerbread). Ans I live in hope of being able to stream my music from the phone too Yes I know, we all want the world.

f you're up for it I will donate to the charity of your choice
Old 21st March 2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
Yep! I need to do something as at the moment the bluetooth works fine for making/taking calls, but I have no phone book access for my Android (Gingerbread). Ans I live in hope of being able to stream my music from the phone too Yes I know, we all want the world.

f you're up for it I will donate to the charity of your choice
Not sure-but I know there is a recall on alot of D3's for the telephone. Mine is an 07 A8, pretty sure there are no differences between the modules on the A/S8's? If your recall hasn't been done (which can take a few hours btw) might be worth getting her down there. (I had it done-but I think it's just a part of the above upgrades and I already had the 2010 version) I may be wrong though..? Worth an ask

PM me your VIN number to make sure I get the right parts for you hun. I will let you know price/availability of Audi (when I bought mine they only had 12 left & they are no longer making them/discontinued)

Bex (P.S do you want the lead so you dont have to loose the CD player)

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.

Last edited by A8L Chick; 21st March 2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 21st March 2011, 03:49 PM

I have priced up the bits you need with Audi-and I can get them for £245 including VAT (petty sure thats the right price-I am within a £10 threshold...but I know it's less than £250-I have a brain like a sive)

Let me know what you want to do Only extra you'll have to sort out is potage from me to you

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.
Old 21st March 2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8L Chick View Post
I have priced up the bits you need with Audi-and I can get them for £245 including VAT (petty sure thats the right price-I am within a £10 threshold...but I know it's less than £250-I have a brain like a sive)

Let me know what you want to do Only extra you'll have to sort out is potage from me to you
I've PM'd you
Old 27th March 2011, 09:21 PM

Default Will this work on a facelift car?

Gents,

A question from an uninitiated simpleton: Will this set-up work on a 2005 (facelift) A8?

Many thanks.
Old 28th March 2011, 07:04 AM

works on mine
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 28th March 2011, 10:24 AM

I've ordered my parts to do the retrofit through TPS after getting the part numbers from my friendly dealer :

The AMI kit is : 4E0 057 785 F - N/Stk A4E0 057 785 D
The cable kit is : 4F0 051 592 A - N/Stk AMICABLESET

The dealer total for this lot is £231.00 including the dreaded, they quoted £399 including fitting and any necessary MMI update. There is a small discount through TPS (down to £212). The guy in the dealer told me the prices have tumbled for these recently. TPS told me there was 'plenty of central stock' when he checked availability.

My MMI is on an old version 2120 so I have also ordered the update CDs (Part # - 4L0 998 961). They are listed as a repair kit on ETKA and have a list price of just over £5. There is somebody on eBay punting these out for over £20 including PnP !

Is there any interest in me doing a write up on the update / install ?, if so I'll knock one together.
Factory: Adaptive lights with coming home function, 19" wheels, Solar Sunroof, Bose, Nav, TV, Paddle shift sports wheel, sports suspension, sports seats, rear seats with electric lumbar adjustment, heated seats and climate all round, ski hatch, int light pack, auto dip/fold mirrors, voice command, cordless phone, wooden gear knob, towbar, power boot lid

After: LPG, AMI with HDD

Pending: DVB-T Tuner & fixing niggles
Old 28th March 2011, 10:41 AM

Hi Godders
I'd be interested in how you do this as I would like to add the AMI so if you can take a few pictures and add some notes ...much appreciated.

Forgive me being thick but who/what are TPS mate?
Also I have seen a few of the AMI parts listed on fleabay etc. and the final number appears to be different on a few does this make a difference as the unit looks the same and is listed as suitable for the D3 A8?

Cheers
Glyn

Last edited by Glync; 28th March 2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: typo