A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 27th October 2012, 10:33 AM

I have looked at everything left to do. I do not have access to the hidden menu, I need to get an update CD (Don't trust Torent sites) and I will have to make sure that I don't lose any modules in the updates.

My car just says:

Your telephone may not be connected or attached properly.

I am currently hoping that this only means that the software is too old as my iPhone will not connect. Maybe I will see if I can dig out an old phone from a drawer and see if it will talk to that.

Is the only real way to sort this by taking the car to the Dealers at great expense?
Green Alcantara Headlining, Pillars, Rear Shelf, Door Inserts
Green Trimmed Mats, Seatbelts, Steering Wheel, Centre Armrests
DAB, Freeview, ACC, 4-Zone Climate, Soft Close, Electric Blinds

Old 27th October 2012, 11:00 AM

i would say you defo need an update to the latest version, but try anyone else phone you can get hold of as a test, dealer will probably charge you 2 hours labour (about £240) or you can order the disks from audi at £5.20 and do it yourself, you are likely to get a component protection issue pop up (mine was the bose ithink, it would only get sound from one side of the car) the dealer should get rid of that in half an hour and £25
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 27th October 2012, 11:10 AM

I have just tried an older phone to no avail. I would be fine running an update myself, but do not have VAGCOM or VCDS (I think I got that right) to enable the hidden menu, or to correct any modules if they go into protect, or get disabled.

I will have to see what the dealer says on enabling this for me. As the nearest dealer is 50 miles away, and they are poor at completing work in a timely fashion, waiting for the car would be a bit of a waste of time, plus I am never available during the day to give them the car.

Old 28th October 2012, 06:48 PM

I found mine sometimes only paired right after an MMI reboot ('tel' + big knob+'top right meta key') then try to pair.

I know.. I know..

Old 29th October 2012, 09:30 AM

Im only in Leeds, not that far if you want any vagcom work done. unfortunately im now in france for a couple of weeks, but happy to meet up when i get back if your still in need.

you should be able to get the dealer to do an update while you wait though.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 9th November 2012, 08:21 PM

I'm in Stokesley, North Yorkshire Happily help you with this.

Or I can upload the update if you want to my website? The discs have a checksum on it and won't work unless they think they are 100% original anyway

Never seen the CP mode, except when I went from very early software. I just carried on with the upgrade and it pulled itself out of it. Done it on 4 of my 5 cars now.
Old 10th November 2012, 11:03 AM

Thanks for the offers guys, I may look at this as soon as I have chance.

I do not get a bluetooth symbol on the MMI screen so I am guessing that it does not realise that I have upgraded the module so it is not trying to find my phone. I think this is where I need the VagCom help. Also, with my B&O problems, there may be a chunk of error codes to laugh at.

Old 18th November 2014, 12:11 PM

Just fitted my rasp module this morning in my 54 plate PF 3.0tdi, firstly a thanks to this thread and the OP made a huge difference having the pin outs to hand, on another note I had the old Motorola unit swapped over and car back together in less than 30 minutes

When trying to suss out my passenger seat issue I needed to get to the circuit breakers in the passenger footwell, whilst doing this I found the Motorola module, you don't need to remove the seat, just remove the kick panel and lower door trim that's all one piece, grab the carpet from under the dash on the left hand side and pull back and over to the center console, this gives you enough room to work inside the box and get the clips undone to remove the cover, it's a lot less faff than having to unbolt the seat and everything, carpet goes back fine and I now have hands free again
Old 7th March 2015, 01:55 PM

Default Bluetooth module not working

Hi Guys,

My car has a working Motorola Factory installed handset. I had also recently updated the MMI software from 0290 to 5570.

just bought a Bluetooth module from a Q7 on ebay marked 4E0 862 335 and SW 4E0 910 336 h 070.

I did the wiring changes as described in this thread and connected the unit up.

My MMI tells me it can't find the telephone when it starts (after about a minute). I tried restarting the MMI and I've coded the control module channel 12 for option 2. Restarted the MMI and it still tells me it can't find the telephone.

VCDS tell me that unit 77 is unreachable.

If I disconnect the MOST cable while the 54 pin connector is plugged in I can see light coming out of the cable on one side and out of the module on the other side.

If I go into my hidden menu and look at TEL FBLOCKS it reports "Telephone not yet unlocked!" Could this be a component protection issue? I would have expected the module to still respond to VCDS even if it was in component protection.

Is this module suitable for my 2003 D3 or does it sound like it is faulty?

I have rewired the unit back to my original factory fit module to get a working phone system again so I probably wont be able to check until next weekend.

Some pictures of the unit and wiring here:
http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/ze...8 D3 Pictures?
I've double checked the wiring and it looks fine to Me?

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
David
Old 7th March 2015, 06:52 PM

Hi, run the MMI DVD again, twice. Sounds like you upgraded the MMI before installing the module, so the Bluetooth SW may need upgrading. The Bluetooth module on mine and many others' required the DVD to be run twice.