A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 6th November 2023, 12:22 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle
Default Annual Meet 2024 - HELP!

Hi All

At the 2023 meet, it was suggested that we might look at the Midlands for the 2024 meet. Myself and 2 others sort of volunteered, but one has already dropped out and the other isn’t answering PMs.

To make matters worse, I’ve developed some, as yet, undiagnosed health issues and don’t feel up to the job. I would be happy to lend a helping hand, but can’t commit playing a leading role I’m afraid.

Does anyone else want to step up to the mark?
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 6th November 2023, 12:35 PM
Banned

Forum being down more than its online doesn't help either.

Hotel wise is the plan to go with the 'I'm a retired company director so the hotel must have rooms with names instead of numbers and cost at least £200 a night?'

Last edited by Ronin; 9th November 2023 at 04:18 PM.
Old 6th November 2023, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Forum being down more than its online doesn't help either.

Hotel wise is the plan to go with the 'I'm a retired company director so i the hotel must have rooms with names instead of numbers and cost at least £200 a night?'
Yeah sure, that's what we always do...

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 6th November 2023, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Hi All

At the 2023 meet, it was suggested that we might look at the Midlands for the 2024 meet. Myself and 2 others sort of volunteered, but one has already dropped out and the other isn’t answering PMs.

To make matters worse, I’ve developed some, as yet, undiagnosed health issues and don’t feel up to the job. I would be happy to lend a helping hand, but can’t commit playing a leading role I’m afraid.

Does anyone else want to step up to the mark?
Happy to be of some assistance Jim (as before), if that helps, although ideally it'd be good to get someone leading who's actually based in that region.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 6th November 2023, 08:24 PM

Jim
I have replied to your message, immediately prior to reading your message here I checked the forum messages to see if you'd got back to me. Seeing nothing there and discovering no evidence of my reply I then contacted you via WhatsApp, which you've probably received in the last few mins.
Following that I entered the forum to see what's what and here's your message calling for help.

I am up for taking part in this. I am happy to check places out and put forward ideas, but with the proviso that I can not handle telephone calls (Hearing shot) so someone would need to cover that aspect should it arise.

My WhatsApp to you suggests a pup that is sort of mid-way between us. Let me know if this suites and when and we can take it from there.

Having said all that I am very sorry to hear that you are suffering some as yet undiagnosed health issue. Hopefully, your medics will be able to put a name on it and get you on a speedy road to recovery.
Old 6th November 2023, 08:46 PM

It is I that cannot help with 2024, but I do have a good reason

Anely accepted a proposal of marriage and we are getting married next year, afraid that takes priority over an annual car meet, just too busy with that to even consider getting involved in arranging next year's meet.

Sorry, but have to make priorities with a super busy workload too
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 8th November 2023, 08:11 PM

Congrats

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 11th November 2023, 07:30 AM

Hi all.
Happy to help on this.
Will need some guidance on what we typically do.
Let me know...
Old 15th November 2023, 05:50 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Nick and I (plus partners) are meeting at The Windmill in Wymeswold (LE22 6TT) for lunch at 12:30 to kick this off. Willing hands will be most welcome to join us! Otherwise we can have a Zoom meeting afterwards to bring you up to speed. Typically, the big jobs are working out a circular route for the convoy drive on the Saturday (with stops at places of interest) and finding a (not too expensive) hotel with suitable parking and nearby budget accommodation (camp sites, B&B, etc). Let us know if you’ll join us so we can extend the booking for lunch.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 15th November 2023, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Nick and I (plus partners) are meeting at The Windmill in Wymeswold (LE22 6TT) for lunch at 12:30 to kick this off. Willing hands will be most welcome to join us! Otherwise we can have a Zoom meeting afterwards to bring you up to speed. Typically, the big jobs are working out a circular route for the convoy drive on the Saturday (with stops at places of interest) and finding a (not too expensive) hotel with suitable parking and nearby budget accommodation (camp sites, B&B, etc). Let us know if you’ll join us so we can extend the booking for lunch.
12:30 on what day??

Also I think postcode is LE12 6TT, not LE22 [Sorry]

Hope you're feeling better Jim
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011