A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 21st February 2011, 05:23 PM

Default Oil filter

Ok so i'm not the fist in the queue to the main dealers I’ll admit. But due to being supplied the wrong oil filter recently and being left with a car on a ramp, I had borrowed “it’ll only take me 10 mins mate” with all it’s old oil drained and no filter to put back in.
I rang the helpful matey at the local dealer and, he couldn’t find a filter for a ABZ 4.2 V8 petrol "I’ll have to ring you back mate". He did at 5pm to tell me he’d found the filter but they don’t have one in stock and would be a couple of days. And why would they, they are just a Audi dealer so having a oil filter for an Audi is just ridicules talk.
Also ordered a new sump plug washer as the one I have has been used a few times.

Can't remember how much it was all in but i do remember the plug washer was £1.11 because we had a joke about how he should be wearing a stripy shirt and a mask.
When I got back to the ramp with my 8 and my new box of toys, opened it up and???? and you get 2 sump plug washers in with the filter Someone in a stripy shirt is laughing.
Old 22nd February 2011, 06:23 AM

Same thing happened to me but at least I am prepared with a couple of spares. I'm going shopping for a new filter and oil on the way home tonight but I'll go to TPS rather than the main dealers. The Portsmouth dealers doesn't have a parts desk and they drag the poor guy out the back to get the details, and then he has to disappear to get the availability and prices, while you loiter in the showroom, and the whole experience is very awkward and frankly very poor.
Old 22nd February 2011, 09:19 AM

I don't get a TPS near me at home, i really should use this visiting the city more. I don't know with your new fangled street lights that run on that electricity.
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:08 AM

I was totally mugged last week then:

Fuel filter was £60.57 and £16 extra to fit it

Sump plug £4.95 and a washer for it another £1.58

Mobil 1 oil £80.90

Screenwash £0.55 but how they got it in is impressive as I filled it that morning and never used any just to see if I got charged - devious moi? Yes.

Good job I'm made of money!!
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:37 AM

It's nothing to a man of your means, but i would feel RAPED. Did that filter come with 30 quid of petrol in it? a Bosch fuel filter is about 20 quid from Euro car Parts.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:39 PM

Sorry, I didn't make it clear there, it's a diesel filter. Only 34k on the car so I don't think it needed that but it got fitted....

They also managed to score the front passenger seat with a screwdriver - the offending item was still on the seat!

I'm waiting for their repair strategy......
Old 22nd February 2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloss View Post
They also managed to score the front passenger seat with a screwdriver - the offending item was still on the seat!

I'm waiting for their repair strategy......

Oh mate thats not good i hope i can be repaired, if not new seat?
Old 22nd February 2011, 01:47 PM

It'll be one or the other, at least they've assured me it will be fixed - maybe a new car instead, a nice D4 4.2 TDi