A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 22nd April 2013, 03:59 PM

Default What do these fault codes mean ....

When I got the car it needed a new lambda bank 1 sensor 1 which I replaced , now the emissions light came back on and I had it scanned by a mate today and here's what we got.

WP_20130422_001 by Chin.., on Flickr

WP_20130422_002 by Chin.., on Flickr

Is this all to do with the other lambda that's triggering all the other fault codes ? Ive noticed that today going up hill ive put the foot down and it seemed to misfire a little bit

Any help much appreciated !
Old 22nd April 2013, 06:12 PM

Default Insufficient flow

Insufficient flow is a vacuum leak....find the pipe causing the leak first....then look at resolving the problem with O2 sensors.
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Old 23rd April 2013, 07:35 AM

Thanks for that ,much appreciated
Old 26th April 2013, 08:51 PM

Im having no luck finding the air leak Is it normal for it to cause the performance drop ? As I said earlier the car doesn't seem to pull as well as it did, theres no change in revs or anything it just seems to struggle

Is it normal for all the lambdas to poo themselves at pretty much the same time ? Im gonna take it to VASSTECH next week and see what they say.
Old 30th April 2013, 09:03 PM

It seems like im talking to myself but ive found out that the air injection system fault is most likely the secondary air pump, sometimes on a cold start it does sound like a jet for about 60 seconds however that has nothing to do with the performance issue im having. I will take the car to VASSTECH tomorrow and see what they say. I will definitely be getting rid of the cats ASAP.