A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items

For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items For the personal sale of Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 29th December 2019, 09:38 PM

Default FS: Dunlop SP Winter Sport 265/40 104V winter tyres set of 4 used.

We are movnig house soon so its time to move these on as they have been sitting in the backyard since we sold our A8 early in the year. The tyres are used but in great condition, I estimate at least 5mm of tread is remaining. When fitted to our A8 it would go anywhere with no fuss, the combo of these tyres and AWD was excellent when we lived in Aberdeen.

These tyres are £200+ each new but I want them gone so how about £130. I would prefer collection but if you arrange a courier thats ok too.

Cheers,
Simon

10 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

8 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

4 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

1 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

8 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

Last edited by mondie; 31st December 2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 30th December 2019, 04:54 PM

I think these are Dunlop and not Michelin?
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 30th December 2019, 07:36 PM

Thanks, Homer, they are indeed Dunlop!
Old 30th December 2019, 11:14 PM

I bought 4 very similar Pirelli Sottozeros with c 6-7mm each for the same price today, so I'd say these are slightly overpriced, given the lower tread, and the fact that they're Dunlops, which I don't rate as highly as Pirelli/Michelin PA4s, but that's just my opinion.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 31st December 2019, 04:21 PM

Fair enough TinTin, I hve adjusted the price. I've no idea
Old 1st January 2020, 01:18 AM

Shame they are not all season I would’ve snapped them up. GLWTS

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 3rd January 2020, 04:51 PM

Where are they located and what's the date code?

If they were 18 or 19 inch I would probably take a punt at this price if they are not too old even if my previous experience is that Dunlops along with most other top brands age pretty quickly, become hard after couple of seasons and loose grip. Only Michelin seem to bee good if you want to use for 3+ years in my experience. But I do not have any 20" rims, only 16,17,18 and 19 so I am out.

Storing in backyard, possibly even in the sun for the whole summer does not bode well either and would accelerate ageing compared to storage indoors.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 22nd January 2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Where are they located and what's the date code?

If they were 18 or 19 inch I would probably take a punt at this price if they are not too old even if my previous experience is that Dunlops along with most other top brands age pretty quickly, become hard after couple of seasons and loose grip. Only Michelin seem to bee good if you want to use for 3+ years in my experience. But I do not have any 20" rims, only 16,17,18 and 19 so I am out.

Storing in backyard, possibly even in the sun for the whole summer does not bode well either and would accelerate ageing compared to storage indoors.
Hi Ainar: I have a pair of 245/45/18 Maxxis Victra S3 going spare - and free - if they're any use to you. They have about 7mm of tread, came on the "Ronin" 18" that I used for the Getaway Cars show shoot last year, but those wheels now have PA4s fitted.

(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.

Last edited by tintin; 22nd January 2020 at 10:44 PM.
Old 22nd January 2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Hi Ainar: I have a pair of 245/25/18 Maxxis Victra S3 going spare - and free - if they're any use to you. They have about 7mm of tread, came on the "Ronin" 18" that I used for the Getaway Cars show shoot last year, but those wheels now have PA4s fitted.

Thanks for the offer but not really interested in them. Is that size a typo? Anyway I am mostly interested in winter tyres for 18" and it would be very hard to find another matching pair for a full set as it's not a very popular brand.

Just stick them on ebay, somebody will buy them.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Thanks for the offer but not really interested in them. Is that size a typo? Anyway I am mostly interested in winter tyres for 18" and it would be very hard to find another matching pair for a full set as it's not a very popular brand.

Just stick them on ebay, somebody will buy them.
Yup. Typo, should have read 245/45, now corrected. Can't be bothered to put them on ebay really, haven't really got the time to organise that.