A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 5th December 2015, 06:28 PM

oh dear , not funny

as stated in a previous post in this thread I happen to have adjusted this system in the not distant past , so will make a suggestion which might prove totally useless [ no , not do what I did and had swmbo sit in the car and pull the lever to check the clearance before I shut the bonnet ]

the passenger side has a strong spring on the lever which both closes the catch and pulls the driver side closed as well ; it is just possible that your adjustment is such that when you pull the lever in the car the passenger side lever blocks the driver side from opening sufficently

so I wondered if it was possible to access the nearside lever ? have someone try to open the bonnet and , having removed the bottom engine cover , reach up behind the radiator and check whether or not the lever was blocking further movement on the cable crossing to the other side ?

if it is the nearside lever blocking it might be possible to cut the cable there [ having blocked the bonnet from re-locking ! ] and allowing more 'pull' from in the car

unfortunately I don't have my A8 with me to check if access s possible ...just a thought anyway !when all else fails......

somebody more knowledgable than me might know if access is posible my taking off the nearside wheel arch cover

just seen nicks bonnet pull thread .... first take off the dash panel and see if you can get a longer pull with a pair of pliers ?

Last edited by lebesset; 5th December 2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old 6th December 2015, 11:03 AM

thanks for the suggestions, I have spoken to my local mechanic and he is going to take the bumper off and hopefully get the bonnet open

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 6th December 2015, 02:48 PM

http://forums.quattroworld.com/a8/threads/7864.phtml
Old 23rd December 2015, 09:05 AM

Quick update, as I said in previous post, mechanic removed bumper and got the bonnet open, also adjusted the new latch so it doesnt do it again

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey