A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 22nd September 2017, 11:23 AM

Smile 2005 d3 a8l 6.0 w12

I have had the car for around 4 years now and I’ve loved every minute of it but it just doesn't get used, it's barely done 8000 miles in the 4 years I've owned it so I've decided to let it go and get something else that doesn't seem like such a waste just sitting there the majority of the time.

It has a 6.0 W12 with Auto, Sports Auto and Tip Tronic Flappy Paddle Transmission modes.

It’s a Long Wheel Base version which means it measures in at roughly 17 feet long, it’s like a living room inside, so much space in the back you have foot rests and electronically heated, adjustable and reclining rear seats. To entertain the rear passengers there is not just the amazing Bose Surround Sound but also the Audi Rear Entertainment System with 6 disc DVD Changer, 6 Disc CD Changer, TV, LCD Screens in the back of the Headrests and two remote controls, one for the Audi Rear Entertainment and the other is the Extremely Rare Audi MMI Remote Control which can control the entire Audi MMI System, these are both kept in the rear middle Armrest along with Audi Medical Kit and slide out Cup Holders. Behind the rear middle Armrest once down is a hatch leading into the huge boot which can also have the optional (and included) Ski Bag fitted. Directly above the rear middle armrest is a discreet cover that opens to reveal two Audi Exclusive Drinks Glasses for that extra special occasion. In the headliner in the rear you have controls for ambient lighting and separate reading lights along with the electronic rear side and main rear window blinds. Also in the rear are the controls for the Rear Dual Zone Climate Control.

Up front both driver and passenger are sat in 18 way adjustable Comfort Seats which are also both heated and cooled. It has the 4 spoke Multi-Function Steering Wheel which has electronically adjustable height and reach. Both front seats and steering wheel have several memory settings for different drivers/passengers.

The Audi MMI features include, TV, DVD, CD, iPod Connection, Radio, Aux Connection and Sat Nav. You also control just about every other aspect of the car via the MMI, there are far too many features to list, I don’t even think I’ve found them all yet but some of them include the Adaptive Air Suspension with Lift, Comfort, Automatic and Dynamic Modes, Audi Advanced Parking System with visual representation of distance for each of the front and rear parking sensors, Audi Phone functions (Actual Phone located in the front drivers armrest), settings for all the lighting, wiper positions, window controls, heated and cooled seats, 4 zone climate control (2 front, 2 rear), double glazed windows, full electronic retract and tilt sunroof, trip computers, Tyre Pressure/Heat Monitors. It also has Audi Advanced Key for Keyless Entry and Engine Start/Stop Buttons, electronic child locks for rear doors, all doors and boot lid feature Soft Close function so you never have to slam a door again! If you don’t shut the doors fully they do the rest for you, the boot lid also electronically opens via key fob or button in the car and closes via the button on the boot lid. The boot itself is huge, it features a full size spare wheel and tyre along with tools, cargo net and optional included Ski Bag under the flooring, with all this it still manages to comfortably carry everything two adults, a 3 year old and an 8 month old need to go on holiday for a few weeks which includes double buggy and numerous suitcases.

Other features of the car include Adaptive Xenon plus headlights, Auto Dimming electronically adjustable heated folding mirrors, Electronic Stabilisation Program (ESP), Anti Slip Traction Control, Electronic Diff Lock and Cruise Control. There is so much more I haven’t listed it’s just too much to fully list.

Service History, MOT until August 9th 2018, only 82,000 miles, tons of receipts showing the car was very well cared for and maintained.

It’s also worth mentioning that because this is a pre 2006 car it comes under the old Tax system so despite its size and power it only costs £290 to tax for the year instead of the £500 of newer cars! Also because there aren’t many around with this engine they are never crashed and insurance is silly cheap for what it is, actually cheaper than your typical VW Golf and the like.

The only slight bad point is the front left wheel which is stock silver colour while the other wheels are powder coated Ghost Chrome, all thanks to a speeding van driver coming the opposite way giving me nowhere else to go but a horribly high curb, this meant the front left wheel was badly curbed and couldn’t be refurbished so it’s been replaced with a brand new wheel straight from Audi (£1000 on its own), I just haven’t got round to having it powder coated to match the rest (this costs between £60 and £70 depending on where you take it). The rear left wheel does also now have a few cm of curbing, I unfortunately misjudged a rather high curb while reversing into a parallel space. This could now be your chance to change the colour completely, I personally think they would actually look a bit better and bigger in a lighter shade of the ghost chrome finish.

Was £8500

Now £8000

SOLD!

Located in Bristol.

Last edited by RenoRanes; 30th January 2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old 22nd September 2017, 11:40 AM

Nice tidy W12 with above average spec, acceptable mileage and a decent price.

Good luck with the sale
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 22nd September 2017, 03:57 PM

Now that's lovely. Good luck!
Old 25th September 2017, 01:11 AM

Thanks, it has been a great car but it's time to move it on and let someone actually use it, it just sits on my drive most days now
Old 8th October 2017, 03:28 PM

Right I've found a couple of possible replacements so price is now lowered to £8000.
Old 30th January 2018, 08:44 PM

Meant to update this ages ago, it is now Sold.