A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 29th April 2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4-Andy View Post
Sounds a lot like mine... They weren't very common, unless of course they are

I am always paranoid about front disks, currently scouring the far flung corners of the web trying to source 2 Brembo disks, but it's not looking hopeful. Someone in Italy seems to have some but want too much cash. Might have to look at alternatives.
I was looking for some a few months back and the supplier chased up Brembo but they (Brembo) had none in stock and it didnt look like they were going to produce anytime soon. So I went for Ferodos - from Mr Auto - which seem (so far) to be excellent.
Old 29th April 2017, 10:24 PM

Saw those listed. I'm going to measure my existing disks, check what thickness they end up and go from there. They are currently plan B!

My impression is that the pads are what make the biggest difference.
Old 30th April 2017, 10:12 AM

I did get Brembo pads and I have to say that the brakes are now the sharpest they have ever been on this car. BrianG (who "exercised" the car whilst I was away for a couple of months) thought they were good too.
Old 11th May 2017, 11:10 AM

So the callipers are back, and I must say I'm still impressed with Bigg Red:

That will see them through another 10 years anyway I reckon.

New disks ordered from the main stealer for 200, brembo front & rear pads and disks for the rear also.

Tried to get superblue brake fluid only to discover the yanks took issue with it and they stopped making it. Which is crap because it's very handy to identify the blue fluid when bleeding.

It's another 500(ish) quid I wasn't expecting to be forking out, but it's piece of mind that it won't need touched again for many years to come.