A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Common Faults

D3 - Common Faults Quick links to all known common faults and their solutions

Old 22nd April 2020, 05:42 PM

Default Battery coding VCDS

I have a VCDS battery coding question for one of you wise people, after coding my battery part 4E0915105A the code is accepted but it seems as if the battery I've coded is second to another battery that I'm unable to code ending in 181 and it defaults to this battery is this normal?

BTW I coded it as a Exide branded battery as previously tried with Varta as some online source advise seems to work when selecting another brand.
Attached a screenshot from an online source, similar to what I'm experiencing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.PNG
Views:	508
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	23173   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.PNG
Views:	415
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	23174  

Last edited by jonnypym123; 22nd April 2020 at 05:55 PM.
Old 22nd April 2020, 06:47 PM

Have you tried just incrementing the serial number by one, to see if it will accept that?

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 22nd April 2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Have you tried just incrementing the serial number by one, to see if it will accept that?
yeah Steamship I tried coding it a few times incrementing the current battery which was coded as a varta it accepts the code but I've been getting a battery drain on a new battery goes down to 10%. The drain could be my front passenger door handle to be honest as it's coming up in a vcds scan as signal intermittent just wanted to check I was coding it right and wondered why it was coming up after coding with the battery as the stock part ending in 181
Old 25th April 2020, 10:24 PM

Think I've fixed this battery recode using exide battery brand instead of varta