A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 22nd April 2009, 01:15 PM
harpersimon

Ah now there is the advantage..
Creative is 30Gb, and you can get other players up to 60Gb obviously so I was wondering what the point was - unless you never use the CD player of have already used its input.
BUT.. if you can slot a 160Gb HDD in from a newish laptop then game on!! Thats a large mobile collection whatever format you use. Personally MP3 at 128 does me, and the player will play an array of formats, unlike i-cornerthemarket_throwitawaywhenthebatteryisflat_be spokeformat-pods

I was trying to think of a way to be able to access a half terrabite storage disc in the car. Wondering if its as simple as a head unit that has a usb input..
Old 4th May 2009, 05:28 PM

Thumbs up Update

Just to let you know. I've received the cable from the US and installed the Phatbox and it's all working fine.

It's now hacked and running a 120 Gig drive. I'm in the process of ripping CDs to MP3 and FLAC (Company Car and the 8). EAC is a bit awkward to configure for FLAC but I think I've sorted it. It's also a bit of a ball ache having to dismantle the DMS everytime I want to add more files as the cradle doesn't work (which is why I'm 'a RIPPIN').

Thanks to Ulfilias and Psyche for their help on this

Cheers

Steve (now with loads of space on the ' Box' for the missus to waste)

Last edited by thebluewhale; 4th May 2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Got the wrong person forgot to read the thread Doh!
Old 4th May 2009, 07:04 PM

glad to hear you're sorted mate... really missing the phatbox in the D3 already... Saving up for the AMI though
Old 12th May 2009, 04:17 PM

Hiya,

Get a cradle and you'll solve that problem. They come up on ebay reasonably frequently. I'd like to get a usb2 as they are a lot faster.

cya,
Lee