A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 3rd June 2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
And received 2 sets today all for £23.50 delivered.
thats cheap as
Old 5th June 2016, 11:07 AM

Whatever you do dont get Remsa/TRW

Very dusty and squeal. (Although I believe that part of the squealing is to do with the 4x pads per caliper setup and them not all being exactly square) Horrible pads though

For those who have "normal" pads I highly recommend Winmax W1, W2 or W3.

I have W3 front and W2 rear on my E38 740iL and they are awesome. Low dust and stop a 2000kg barge like it never was designed to stop
1997 E38 740iL 4.4L
1998 Subaru Liberty Blistien Edition
Previous
1972 Chevrolet Camaro, 671 fed 385cu
1996 E39 523i
1997 E39 528i
2000 GXE10 IS200
2003 Alfa 147 Twinspark
Old 21st June 2016, 06:37 AM

never heard of thise in the uk im guessing you're in america. i think apec will be in the menu though for standard. i used to work in a factors and sold a few brands. although delphi disks are great the pads are not. drive tec are cheap and made in the same factory as delphi and pagid.
apec however always seemd good quality for standard and hearing the above reccomendation for them so unless i land on a few hundred quid spare ill be getting them
Old 21st June 2016, 02:18 PM

TRW is part of ZF now which among other parts make gearboxes and steering racks in our Audis, Remsa is part of TRW which makes friction materials. You can get retail TRW branded pads and many of OEM pads are made by TRW, I have seen Audi OEM pads made by TRW and TRW stamped on them more than once. I don't think Remsa is selling retail pads under their own name, at least I have not seen any but they make pads for a lot of other brake companies. They will make whatever specifications customer requests so there will be good and not so good. By the way Apec pads from e-bay I linked earlier are also made by Remsa.

Here is the picture of Apec pad with REMSA on it as well. Also just noticed that it says for 314x30 on the box so they will fit for 314mm brakes and they do fit for 323mm as I am using one set on 323mm brakes.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	13650  

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 22nd June 2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 22nd June 2016, 07:01 PM

The world of brake pads is (to me) a bit complex. Nashimbo Group (never hear of them? neither had I) own TMD Friction (based in Germany) who own/ produce Mintex, Pagid and Textar. TMD also produce pads under the Eichar name for exclusive sale by EuroCarParts. I guess that each brand produces pads of certain quality for each market niche? or are they just all the same but giving you the illusion of choice?? The Laird is a marketing man but is on holiday at the mo' but no doubt could help here. I think that Dilbert (C) has a view on this - "Dont make a better product, just find a more stupid (ignorant) customer"
EBC is one of the few private companies out there.
Old 2nd August 2016, 02:09 PM

the vibration from my front brakes has returned with the hot weather , so have decided to change the front pads
after some research have decided to buy ferodo

http://www.tyrepress.com/2016/04/fed...best-in-class/

on line cost in france €65 for the 8 pad set

we shall see !