Definitely voting Leave 19 43.18%
Undecided / Not voting 5 11.36%
Leaning towards voting Stay 0 0%
Leaning towards voting Leave 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26th June 2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
the rules they refer to about triggering a second referendum only apply to parliamentary referendums - so it is a waste of the whining, bedwetting libtards' time.
I like this

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 26th June 2016, 05:26 PM

Equally the referendum is only "advisory" so if enough people say they think a 52:48 split isn't decisive that could be taken as further advice.

But who, given that an online petition isn't controlled in any way that be compared to a register of electors?

I do wonder what the opinion pollsters are doing at present, I suspect lots of interesting questions are being asked, the results of which will start to appear tomorrow.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 26th June 2016, 05:31 PM

It's a waste of time, since you can't change the rules after the event. It is however an indicator of the level of feeling and has acquired traction.

If it'd been debated and accepted prior to the vote, such that a more significant margin of certainty was delivered before jumping one way or the other, it might have been useful. As it is, the fairly large contingent of people who didn't vote could've swung the numbers massively in either direction.

However you look at it there's likely to be half of the population pee'd off at the result and the other half happy as Larry at the result, if not necessarily at the aftermath. There may be some in both camps, in terms of their vote, having 2nd thoughts.

Depending on what you read in terms of political comment this may not be the end of it, but who knows what's propaganda and what's potentially reality?

All I know is I'm not entirely sure how my job is going to change in the immediate future. Will we still be enacting amendments to EU regs and directives until such time as we step away, or will we put on hold anything we can get away with to save all the massive amounts of re-work later? I've got stuff in progress, and meetings I should be going to, and I have no idea what my mandate will be.

The main people I can see doing well out of the current situation are lawyers and trade negotiators. In addition, all the legislation managed and developed at an EU level won't just disappear overnight - we'll most likely end up copying and pasting most of it into UK law, if we haven't already (directives and regulations are different in this regard). What is almost inevitable is that, assuming we move towards the end game of being more-or-less fully out, there'll be a shed load more civil servants than there are now by the end of this parliament and into the future. This stuff doesn't sort itself out. Amusingly we should be holding the rotating 6 month EU Presidency in 2017, planning for which was already well advanced - at least that body of people ought to be available!

All IMHO and nothing based on any knowledge of decisions likely to be taken - I wasn't in the office on Friday so have no idea what I'll be walking into this week, even if anyone else actually knows yet!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 26th June 2016, 08:17 PM

I'm not sure if it's been said on here before. But I think that extending the deadline for registering to vote had an impact on the result. I think it was a mistake to extend the deadline. People should have been more organised, they had plenty of notice. It annoys me when people blame others (or a system fault) for their own failings.

On another note... I see Top Gear are at it with their registrations again!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Top-Gear-Episode-5.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	13694
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 26th June 2016, 08:55 PM

Scottish Definition of Brexit is -
A fat lassie fae Glesga who sits on a white plastic chair an she BREXIT

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 27th June 2016, 06:26 AM

So to sum up

- government is falling apart
- no money for nhs,schools
- no money for research in science
- not a single soul to know what to do now
- not a single soul to guide the nation, come up with exact plan how to act
- French want to remove British checks from Calais

Well done I guess
Old 27th June 2016, 09:15 AM

This is doing the rounds on Facebook (edited for really rude words - and more words obliterated by the forum software!):

Hilarious from some bloke - doing rounds on Facebook:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Right. F** this. We're ALL up **** creek and we need a paddle. Now, not in three months.

Fellow Remain voters: Enough already. Yes, we're all ****ed off but navel gazing ain't gonna help. Not all 17 million Leave voters can possibly be racist northern pensioners without an O level to their name. Maybe they have a point about this quitting the EU thing? Maybe not. Whatever, we are where we are and no amount a whinging is gonna change that. Allegedly we're the intelligent ones, so get your thinking caps on.

Leave voters. Well done. Good game. We hear you. Now you need to get stuck in to the aftermath and not just **** off back to Wetherspoons. (Just banter, ****s!). And the first person to say they "want their country back" gets deported to f***ing Gibraltar. OK?

Politicians.

David. F*** off. Shut the door behind you. Now.

George. You may be a **** but you're our ****. Plus you know the passwords for our Junior Savers account. Get your calculator. Drop the face-like-a-slapped-ass routine. You're on.

Boris. Sorry mate. That photo of you abseiling by your scrotum over the London Olympics while waving a Union Jack can't ever be un-taken. Plus, you'll never be able to appear on Question Time again without some sturdy Glaswegian nurse asking where the f** her 350 million quid is. Not only will she have a very good point, she'll be wearing a T shirt that shows you gurning in front of that f***ing bus! No captains hat for you I'm afraid.

Theresa. You're in charge love. Get the biggest shoulder pads you've got. We need Ming The Merciless in drag and you'll scare the **** out of 'em.

Nicola. Yep. Fair cop. You probably could get us on a technicality, as could London. But we f***ing love shortbread. And oil. And to be honest you're probably the best politician we've got, so we need you on side. Sort your lot out and we promise never to mention that Jimmy Krankie thing again (although it is pretty uncanny) and we'll make you a Dame once we're sorted. Bring Ruth Davidson. She kicks ass.

Opposition party. We'll need one. Someone take Jeremy and John back to the British Legion Club where you found them. Take Nigel as well. Give back their sandals, buy them a pint, then go to Heathrow and collect David Milliband. F*** it. Lets gets Ed Balls as well. He keeps George on his toes. I think he works on the lottery kiosk at Morrisons now?

Oh. And Mark Carney. Give him a knighthood and tell him to keep that **** coming. We definitely need more of that good ****!

Everyone set? Right. Hold the Easyjet. We're going to Brussels and this ain't no hen party.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 27th June 2016, 09:37 AM

everybody in government are arguing like spoilt school children

my dads cars better than your dads
well my dads bigger than your dad

get over it you tosser's and get on with the job

did usa get over 911 yes
did japan get over the worst tsunami ever yes

chuff me its a bit of paperwork a bit of calculating and a few phone calls

Rob Smith for president i mean prime minister
how hard can it be
Old 27th June 2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
how hard can it be
Well apart from the fact that "out" had no agreed plan there's the minor difficulty of getting 27 other governments (who may need approval from their parliaments or electorate) to agree to a deal. Once we know what we're asking for......
Old 27th June 2016, 11:04 AM

The Leave campaign couldn't have a plan as they aren't a political party, they were only a campaign. It's up to the government in power to have a plan and they've so far washed their hands of it!
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)