A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Fuel and Exhausts

D3 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 22nd August 2014, 11:27 PM

Thats bad news Ron, is there one available from the states perhaps?

Old 25th August 2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
Has anyone had an issue similar to this before?
Yes, though it was a larger and more complex part in my case. There were none whatsoever anywhere and they couldn't make any for a long time for reasons I was never told but have a fair idea about.
I won't give details online, but I did get free cars (of my choosing, no complaints on that front whatsoever) from Audi for about a year until they could make me one.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 25th August 2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 25th August 2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Yes, though it was a larger and more complex part in my case. There were none whatsoever anywhere and they couldn't make any for a long time for reasons I was never told but have a fair idea about.
I won't give details online, but I did get free cars (of my choosing, no complaints on that front whatsoever) from Audi for about a year until they could make me one.
Go on, rub it in why don't you

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 25th August 2014, 02:37 PM

Well, the point is (though my situation was quite unusual and this was not a part that the average, or indeed any, dealer would have in stock) that nothing happened until I contacted Audi personally.

My car was off the road (at an Audi franchise admittedly) and things were going nowhere and information was scant/confusing.

It was a while back, so I can't offer any useful contacts - the people and organisation will have changed hugely since. I think I just found the right person in the hierarchy at Audi HQ in MK and they realised what a huge embarrassment it was to have one of their flagship cars off the road due to their inability to provide parts well within the lifetime they are committed to do so.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 25th August 2014, 02:51 PM

I figure I'm out on a limb with this one, private sale, relatively high miles, eight year old car etc. I guess I'll just have to be patient if I want to have a new one fitted, eventually. Very frustrating when you consider it's not even a rare car.

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 25th August 2014, 04:16 PM

You could try speaking to a brand manager at customer services with a view to 'clarifying' the length of time you will be without your top of the range Audi and see if there's anything they can do to source one, or at least get you mobile in something comparable, if nothing else for the positive PR it might generate online

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 26th August 2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
You could try speaking to a brand manager at customer services with a view to 'clarifying' the length of time you will be without your top of the range Audi and see if there's anything they can do to source one, or at least get you mobile in something comparable, if nothing else for the positive PR it might generate online
That seems a good suggestion Adrian, nothing ventured nothing gained as the saying goes, I might just make a point of asking questions and making the situation known, you never know

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 26th August 2014, 12:14 PM

Ron, have you got a part number???
I've got a guy in Germany who is an Audi Dealer, I can always ask.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 26th August 2014, 12:43 PM

I'd really appreciate that Marcin, thanks

The part number is 07L133518M

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 26th August 2014, 01:29 PM

Message sent Ron, will get back to you as soon I hear from him as at the minute he is not picking his phone up, so I emailed him on his private email in case he is not at work today

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten