A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Motormouth

Motormouth Everything, and anything else motoring related that just doesnt belong anywhere else

Old 28th July 2015, 07:47 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

I've got the D2 OEM blades on now (supplied by TPS), complete with the curvy lefty. Too early to tell how they perform, but they do seem to work well so far.

Got mine via a trade contact. How are you guys buying from TPS; aren't they trade only?
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 28th July 2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
I've got the D2 OEM blades on now (supplied by TPS), complete with the curvy lefty. Too early to tell how they perform, but they do seem to work well so far.

Got mine via a trade contact. How are you guys buying from TPS; aren't they trade only?
TPS Glasgow will sell to private individuals over the counter. I mean, a sale is a sale .
Old 28th July 2015, 08:31 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Ah, thanks. Good to know!

Although 200 miles is a bit far to go for a pair of wiper blades

Perhaps I should try the local branch.

Visiting a counter for car parts will be an interesting trip down memory lane. Hard to remember the last time I bought something for the car that didn't involve a mouse click!

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 28th July 2015, 09:27 PM

Milton Keynes branch does sell to public but prices without trade discount are comparable or higher to Audi prices. Couple of times that I have checked it has always been cheaper to buy from Audi Northampton with their discounts and shorter distance to travel for me as well.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 29th July 2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post

I have an account. But i've been reliably informed that Portsmouth TPS will sell to general public too.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 29th July 2015, 12:52 PM

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...ht=bosch+wiper

I bought these for the D3 and they worked a treat. Can't remember if I got them from ECP or eBay

I know.. I know..