A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 4th July 2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27litres View Post
I could have done that, but it just seemed silly to use my mates truck to haul the engine!
I was zooming in expecting to see abother a8 infront of that trailer
Old 4th July 2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmed View Post
GRRRR. Give that MAN a Yorkie.
Oh no! they make my jaw ache and get my hands dirty.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 7th July 2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubadria View Post
Not sure if anyone on here posts on Caravan Talk, but I read a post about someone with a A8 and having a reverse camera, which I thought there is someone else with one who tows a caravan. Its nice to see, at the early part of the year I stayed on Clumber park for 3 months, and never saw another.

In my job you don't get much time off at weekends, so our usage really doesn't justify the amount it costs, which is a shame.
The tours that I do include my hotel room and meals, the job doesn't pay well for me to stay there on holiday.
Though I stil hold my ful PCV my touring days on the coaches are way back in the past. I know things are a lot different now than in my time but I was able to become personal family friends with most of the hoteliers that I used. This has continued to the current time and now we are often invited to family occasions throughout the continent. Lovely really, we only have travel costs, accomodation is thrown in, usually the kids or even grandkids have taken over the business and I used to play with them as babies. I suppose it was mainly due to me doing it for many years and visiting the same hotels many times.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 8th July 2017, 01:42 PM

Hello Ray

I thought that you were a driver from previous posts, I haven't been to that family run ones many times, the two that come to mind is St Agnes Rosemundy and one in Blankenburg.

It must be very rewarding to still be invited back a true professional, and credit to you.
Old 8th July 2017, 03:04 PM

I win.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170708_170855.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	16468  
Old 8th July 2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubadria View Post
Hello Ray

I thought that you were a driver from previous posts, I haven't been to that family run ones many times, the two that come to mind is St Agnes Rosemundy and one in Blankenburg.

It must be very rewarding to still be invited back a true professional, and credit to you.
Thanks for that.
I was invited to a wedding in Valkenburg (just outside Maastricht last October) when the daughter of one of my hoteliers was finally getting hitched at 40 years young. She's a majistrate in Maastricht now but as a little one I often dangled her and her cousin (her cousin is a Dutch MP and was the Dutch Transport Minister).
I am getting a bit long in the tooth now.
St Agnes has some very pleasant memories'
Is Blankenburg in Germany near Goslar or the one in Berlin? Know both of them quite well. Or do you mean Blankenberge on the Belgian coast? Well known for the lace making.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 8th July 2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
Thanks for that.
I was invited to a wedding in Valkenburg (just outside Maastricht last October) when the daughter of one of my hoteliers was finally getting hitched at 40 years young. She's a majistrate in Maastricht now but as a little one I often dangled her and her cousin (her cousin is a Dutch MP and was the Dutch Transport Minister).
I am getting a bit long in the tooth now.
St Agnes has some very pleasant memories'
Is Blankenburg in Germany near Goslar or the one in Berlin? Know both of them quite well. Or do you mean Blankenberge on the Belgian coast? Well known for the lace making.
A lovely area, we have stayed there and really enjoyed it. We have dragged or shed over alot of Europe camping and love it.
Old 9th July 2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daandaman View Post
I win.
Holy moly!

But, dang, that car looks good!

2008 Audi S8
Old 10th July 2017, 05:13 PM

Sorry my spelling mistake, the one on the Belgian coast.

David
Old 10th July 2017, 05:24 PM

We often stay at De Hann near Blankenburg . Its a good stopover on the way to Holland or Germany. A lovely area and only an hour from Calais. We did a run in the A8 to De Hann last week but with no caravan 😁