A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 7th March 2014, 10:26 AM

Just found this video.
http://youtu.be/vmBMlL8IBiw?t=6s

Looks a bit like that. I'm not sure what else it would about that size. Oil sensor?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 7th March 2014, 10:31 AM

The second one in, with the animation is low screenwash (about 7 seconds). I think the picture has that towards the end of the animation.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 7th March 2014, 10:38 AM

It does seem like its low screen wash.

Thanks.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 7th March 2014, 10:42 AM

Looks like low screen wash and seatbelt light to me too..

I know.. I know..

Old 7th March 2014, 04:55 PM

That's cool.

Just need to get hold of the dealer.
Will he ever answer his phone!!
Old 11th March 2014, 07:00 AM

Never did get hold of the dealer, so I'm off to look at another one.

I'm in wales on saturday and hopefully I'll get to take a look at a silver 2006 A8.

Looking at the spec lift in his advert it seems well spec but I'm not sure on a couple of things.

Electric Rear Blinds
Electric Side rear blinds (I thought the side blinds was manuals?)
Soft close Doors (Does this help stop the wife and mother in law from slamming doors? )
Auto Boot Lid (would it just be the normal open on the key or close as well?)
Dual Aircon front and rear (I've seen this mainly on LWB but not on a SWB. Anything worth checking on this or just make sure it works?)
New rear brake Callipers (Not sure what to make of that. Good thing I guess)
Detachable Tow Bar (Towing is not an issue or any thing to be worried about?)
Adaptive lights to steering (The lights turn when you turn the wheel?)
Xeons
Electric Sunroof (Does the A8 suffer from blocked drains with this?)

It says full service history which is good but the only thing that makes me question the whole thing is the miles.
It says it has 154k, is this something that I should be worried about?

I do appreciate the help and advice lads.
Sorry if the questions are simple or repetitive but this is the first time I've spent this amount of money on a car, so really paranoid.
Old 11th March 2014, 07:07 AM

Soft close doors are common failing point and will fail at some point. Basically you just close the door as far as the first catch and then a motor pulls it the rest of the way. Does not stop the door being slammed though, as you can still close the doors normally.

Side blinds are definitely manual, never been electric.

Auto boot lid is both open and close, check the close function works correctly as its a common failing. You can of course open and close the boot in the normal way as well.

Mine has front/rear climate on a SWB it was a factory option.

Adaptive lights do indeed move with steering input.

Electric sunroof, same as D2 and needs the drains cleared just the same.

Dont worry about mileage, buy on condition and history. My D3 has 130K, my D2 191K and we have several others on here with 200K+ on them.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 11th March 2014, 07:33 AM

Thanks Mannyo.

If they fail and don't stop slamming I won't worry too much if they don't work but normally breaks on them?

Electric would be cool but would even more to go wrong on a already loaded car.

What happens with the close function?
It don't close it automatically or just drops?
If it was to press the close button and put my hand in the way, what should it do?

Can I test the adaptive lights by turning the steering wheel while stationary?

Hope pipes down the drain pipes to clean it?

VCDS output tests should be able to test most bits?
Old 11th March 2014, 08:03 AM

I can't remember which thread I seen it on but I was reading the PDF about the air suspension on the D3 and it looks very similar to what's on my Dad's touareg.
Under the drivers seat on his Touareg is little hole to fit a lead to pump up the tyres.

Does the D3 have anything like that?
Old 11th March 2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
Under the drivers seat on his Touareg is little hole to fit a lead to pump up the tyres.

Does the D3 have anything like that?
No, you can get tyre pressure monitors but not inflation system.
I can't see any reason to have it in any car. The only time i've see CTIS (central tyre inflation system) is on Russian military trucks.

Bright yellow bus o love.