A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Body and Exterior

D4 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 10th September 2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Check out the following thread. It's quite long but the door card removal is right at the start.

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?p=151305

Sean is becoming the book part of our MJ

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 19th February 2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafi0s0 View Post
Hello,

I was going to replace the keyless entry door handle sensor, but some problems occurred.
- First I removed the rubber grommet and unscrew the Torx 20 until it came to a stop.
- Then I held the handle a little way up, and gave the Torx 20 a firm press to release the key part of the handle. Handle locked up and I think I did it right.
- After that I tried to remove the key part of the handle, but it did not come out.
- Then I thought that maybe the handle was not locked properly earlier and I decided to start again from point zero and screwed the Torx 20 clockwise in the starting position.
- I repeated same steps couple times and got the handle locked up. Still the key part of the handle did not come out.
- I was going to repeat steps once again, but noticed that the Torx 20 was loose and I was not able to screw or unscrew it. It looks like that it's just lies in the little chamber freely as you can see in the picture enclosed.

Have anyone faced this kind of problem and how to solve it? I tried to pull Torx 20 backwards with pliers but it did not help.
The door still opens and closes fine, so I suppose that the handle mechanism is still in the correct position.

Thanks in advance.

I've run in to the exact same problem - torx screw is just flopping about. Can't get it to either tighten or undo. Door opens, closes and locks fine.
Did you ever get this resolved??

I did the front doors fine in no time at all.
Point for others to watch for - I saw some slight green corrosion on one of the contacts in the socket. Cleaned with GT85 and a pin!

Keyless all working again.

Just need to resolve the spinning torx in the rear door - help!! Please!!
Old 23rd February 2021, 04:58 PM

I managed to re-engague the torx. The key (sorry about the pun) was holding the handle out in the fully open position (used a fibre cloth) in order to get the alignment right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMglDa-dWxM
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 20210222135437635.mp4 (16.09 MB, 369 views)

Last edited by nickmason; 23rd February 2021 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12th June 2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmason View Post
I managed to re-engague the torx. The key (sorry about the pun) was holding the handle out in the fully open position (used a fibre cloth) in order to get the alignment right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMglDa-dWxM
Sorry for my late response. I ended up to get my car to dealership where they replaced the sensor. They also faced some problems and it took almost 3 hours to get the job done.

It's great that you found the solution to this problem. I think that I should have been trying to re-engage the torx similar way as you did. Hopefully your video helps others when struggling with the rear door torx screw.

Last month my front right door sensor got broken and keyless entry was not working anymore. I replaced it according the instructions in this thread and now it's working again. I had to use a thin steel wire (fishing line would also work) to pull the door opening mechanism behind the counterpart of the handle when putting it back into its place. After that the refitting was easy. Still I think that the front door sensor is a bit easier to replace than rear door sensor.