A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Driving bliss

Driving bliss Best roads? Best music? Whatever makes your 8 the best place to be, share it with us

Old 6th August 2017, 05:52 AM

Default Looking for recommendations (Germany)

Hi folks, with the upcoming road trip for the German A8 meet we have decided to make a holiday out the trip and head down to Lucerne, Switzerland

With that location in mind do you have must have places between Dunkirk / Espenau that shouldn't be missed.

The link shows direct routing but as were on holiday diversions are fine.

Google Maps

Then there is return journey, do I come back through Germany or pop over into France?

Old 6th August 2017, 07:36 AM

A drive from Koblenz down the Mosel is very pretty. Just over the border into france is Colmar which is a lovely town. Then the Black forest Titisee. Then into Switzerland, what about interlarken and driving up Jungfrau to Grindewald.

We do this type of trip for 4 weeks most years but towing our shed 😀
Old 6th August 2017, 07:47 AM

Thanks will google them and see what SWMBO says

Old 6th August 2017, 07:56 AM

As above, Colmar is very pretty. I'd also recommend a detour into Mulhouse to see the sclumpf collection at the car museum it is really impressive with some amazing cars, we spent 4 hours walking around it, cars from early 1900s to group b rally cars, F1 and supercars with everything in between
Old 6th August 2017, 11:52 AM

If you're interested in WW2 history there's a museum close to Calais based in one of the V2 rocket factory/launch sites that's worth a visit too.

We stayed in a pretty lakeside town in Switzerland on our way down to the Italian lakes - can't remember the name off the top of my head, but if you're going anywhere near the Gotthard Pass I can look it up?

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 6th August 2017, 12:50 PM

I was planning doing the Furka Pass so will be in the area.

Old 6th August 2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
If you're interested in WW2 history there's a museum close to Calais based in one of the V2 rocket factory/launch sites that's worth a visit too.

We stayed in a pretty lakeside town in Switzerland on our way down to the Italian lakes - can't remember the name off the top of my head, but if you're going anywhere near the Gotthard Pass I can look it up?
http://mobile.lacoupole-france.co.uk

We went a few years ago when csmping un the area. It was quite intetesting if your into that sorg of thing 😀 its about 40 minutes from Calais.

My wife hated it though. 😂
Old 6th August 2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Fluelen or Altdorf by any chance?

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 3rd October 2017, 10:40 PM

Missed this thread but it's all rather spooky.

I'm on holiday and took the 8 to Interlaken today (see separate thread) and drove here via Luxembourg, Mosel, and down the Black Forest.

We're heading to Lake Como tomorrow (via Lugano) and will report on the route soon. It's been spectacular!