A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 28th December 2019, 01:12 PM

What a fantastic way to end the year Ray. It's going to take something very special to better this next Christmas.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 28th December 2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
What a fantastic way to end the year Ray. It's going to take something very special to better this next Christmas.

I'll have to talk to the script writers and see what they can drag up.

Seriously though, I thank you all for the kind comments.
Who knows you just might get pulled over by my granddaughter.
I did ask what comments were made to her when she was on traffic duty in UK and she stopped a motorist. Her answer was that no one realised that her uniform was wrong, but a couple did ask where she was originally from when they heard her accent.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 28th December 2019, 10:24 PM

Wonderful happy news Ray
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 29th December 2019, 08:00 PM

So happy for you Ray 💛
Old 24th March 2020, 09:34 PM

Attachment 23056Attachment 23053I've been too busy to add anything to this but with the Lemonade Wagon (Corona) Problem I have actually about five minutes to waste.
Christine came over early February and had a weekend in Wigan. We had a lovely time. We had a lot of time together on our own and then a family gathering one evening. That was rather heavy, noisy and gleeful. Of course the alcohol really helped. She was coming back in May but of course that has now been cancelled. Just like a lot of my plans for this year.
Today I collected an old coach and handed it over to our fitters for a tachograph to be fitted. My friend is planning on running it commercially on Anglesey for the summer tourists. Only a small, petrol engined with manual (heavy) steering.
I give up with these photos. Don't understand why some of them lie down!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200324_104656[1].jpg
Views:	202
Size:	609.1 KB
ID:	23061   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200324_104710[1].jpg
Views:	211
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	23062   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200324_115724[1].jpg
Views:	213
Size:	501.5 KB
ID:	23063  

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 24th March 2020, 11:07 PM

Very nostalgic, and a lovely colour scheme. It may be a late summer before it has its first customers.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 9th October 2020, 02:34 PM

I have been rather dilitary in keeping this thread alive and apologise for that. Of course once I eventually fall of my perch it will naturally fall into a "no update" situation.
We had a Mini North West Meet that developed into a Midlands Gathering at Crich TramwayMuseum. Lovely sunny weather, very pleasant company, followed by dinner at Biggin Hall Hotel. They make us so welcome there.
The next day I drove a five day tour to Blackpool which included two day excursions; one to Bowness in Windermere and one to Boundary Mill at Colne.
Then on the Saturday I drove a private party for a day trip to York.
Now today I have managed to bring a four day hallucinations tour to Blackpool. Two excursions again, tomorrow Fleetwood market and Sunday 22:00 trip around the lights.
Next Sunday the 18th I am scheduled for a six day Tenby tour but that might be cancelled with the current surge in Covid.
Just be aware of a 14 mtr coach approaching!!!!!!

Old 9th October 2020, 06:11 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
Of course once I eventually fall of my perch it will naturally fall into a "no update" situation.
Given your relentless energy, Ray, I think there's every chance you'll be the last man standing here.

So what the heck is an hallucination tour?
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 9th October 2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
So what the heck is an hallucination tour?
It's for people who are old enough to remember the sixties, but obviously don't! Like me.....
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 9th October 2020, 07:47 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
It's for people who are old enough to remember the sixties, but obviously don't! Like me.....
So it's some kind of wild drugs fest then?

The collection of atoms I like to call 'me' were doing something else until 1970, so I missed the 60s unfortunately. I don't know a lot about that decade but I'm told most of it involved sex and drugs.

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 9th October 2020 at 07:49 PM.