A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 14th December 2022, 03:15 PM

Default Moving on / Tesla/ 2005 A8

Hi There,

After a D2 FL S8, D2 PF S8 & 2005 D3 A8 4.2 V8 sport, my time with the 8s is on it's way out. I put a deposit down on a 2017 Model S 100D with 85k at the weekend.

To be honest, i've been lusting after a Model S for a long while and I'm pretty certain it will be a phenomenal car. It's at least 3x what i've ever paid for a car before, so it damn well should be

Obviously I asked about trade in value on the A8 and it just wasn't worth it. Given 210k on the clock, 2005 PF and I said poor condition, the PC spat out £600!!!

That probably doesn't include a few scratches, dents, different colour front bumper and the unattached inner wings and under tray....Or on the flip, the upgraded parking module, alternative music/car interface and LPG system

Quite WHAT i do with it.....I'm not so sure. Short term the tax runs out December and adding it to my multicar policy is only ~£50 a month, so certainly i'll keep it as a back-up this month!

I may sorn it and park it up at work in the short term, the danger is I'll end up keeping it and i *REALLY* don't need another car (Should also get rid of the Smart and maybe RX8 i've been hoarding)

All in the 8's have done me proud, stunningly comfortable and amazingly quick for their size and frankly amazing second hand values

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)
Old 15th December 2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post
Hi There,

After a D2 FL S8, D2 PF S8 & 2005 D3 A8 4.2 V8 sport, my time with the 8s is on it's way out. I put a deposit down on a 2017 Model S 100D with 85k at the weekend.

To be honest, i've been lusting after a Model S for a long while and I'm pretty certain it will be a phenomenal car. It's at least 3x what i've ever paid for a car before, so it damn well should be

Obviously I asked about trade in value on the A8 and it just wasn't worth it. Given 210k on the clock, 2005 PF and I said poor condition, the PC spat out £600!!!

That probably doesn't include a few scratches, dents, different colour front bumper and the unattached inner wings and under tray....Or on the flip, the upgraded parking module, alternative music/car interface and LPG system

Quite WHAT i do with it.....I'm not so sure. Short term the tax runs out December and adding it to my multicar policy is only ~£50 a month, so certainly i'll keep it as a back-up this month!

I may sorn it and park it up at work in the short term, the danger is I'll end up keeping it and i *REALLY* don't need another car (Should also get rid of the Smart and maybe RX8 i've been hoarding)

All in the 8's have done me proud, stunningly comfortable and amazingly quick for their size and frankly amazing second hand values
Welcome to the Tesla team on here . If you've got any questions on the MS feel free to shout, there's a few of us on here now - and it's a worthy successor to an '8, even though it's totally different.

..and good luck on finding a decent buyer/price for your '8 (or just keep it, like I did, and become a 4 car owner like me - not sensible, but fun! )

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 15th December 2022, 01:47 PM

I've all sorts of questions but i'm slowly reading through the manual and i'm sure i'll figure most of it out once i've got the car - Monday is probable

Need to play with charging and get some form of home/wall charger installed. I've got an internal garage in my house (storage) with a small drive way parking spot. Can run a granny lead from the garage through the cat flap in the short term.

The there's supercharging, which I'm expecting paid for as the age is ~ 04/17 and right on the cusp. Also a Tesla Press car (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_VL_76BoC8 - Google on the reg, nowt on carvertcal report!) and they infamously remove Free Supercharging. However it also said no recent supercharging etc. So I may be lucky. Though I don't think it's as big a whoop as the forums would make out either way!

As for the A8 it's a nice, comfort blanket, certainly for the first few weeks as i get the hang of things. I probably will sell later. It's never going to be worth much, I was just stunned at HOW much car for how little money.

Oh and 5 cars. I've also got a '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee which got a Post Apocalyptic paint make over during the lockdown, which is my normal back-up vehicle. I did once get up to 6, that was certainly silly

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)