A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 12th October 2022, 07:35 PM

Default Goodwood Vee-Power Sunday Breakfast Club 6th November 2022

I intend to be there (weather and family commitments allowing) as my S8 has been selected for display, along of course with a lot of other V8s (and other V's) of various vintages.
It's been on display there before (back in 2015), but not in such "fine fettle" as now.

If you intend to go you have to register (individually) to gain entry: https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/breakfast-club/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 211.jpg (94.3 KB, 68 views)
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 13th October 2022 at 09:31 AM.
Old 13th October 2022, 03:33 PM

I love a good Breakfast Club meet Have had mine on the pit straight at Goodwood for a previous V power session.

Note to those who aren't familiar with the format - it's an early start and pretty much all done by lunchtime. The breakfasts are really good (albeit not cheap, not surprisingly, given the venue) and there's always an eclectic selection of vehicles on display

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 13th October 2022, 04:56 PM

Definitely all done by about midday, many exhibitors start leaving before 11am, especially if they got there for 6:30 opening! Sunrise is about 7am that day.
The pit straight used to be pre-selected, and I think still is to some extent, but also the marshals will direct anything they like the look of onto the central "prestige" section.
The last one I went to (earlier this year, not exhibiting) I arrived about 8am and the car parks were already busy.
Breakfast in the Jackie Stewart Pavilion is the priciest option, but still a good meal! Though the other cafes are good too.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 13th October 2022 at 05:12 PM.
Old 13th October 2022, 10:48 PM

Is it still than shiny?
Old 14th October 2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit down, Waldo View Post
Is it still than shiny?
When I clean it, yes.
It sits outside, not garaged, so on the night of 5th it's bound to collect a lot of bonfire/firework dust.
Old 15th October 2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
I intend to be there (weather and family commitments allowing) as my S8 has been selected for display
I have visitor tickets so will look out for you
Audi S8 2002 FE Avus Silver / Extended Red Leather.
Daily Driver: BMW 3 series GT - Just more practical for my camping trips!
Old 7th November 2022, 06:10 PM

Did you make it Andrew?

I had a ticket, but the weather put me off in the end (plus the Veteran Car Run literally goes past the end of our road so went and got wet watching 120 year old cars being driven by nutters instead!)

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 7th November 2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Did you make it Andrew?
Sadly not.
Firstly the weather prevented me even cleaning the car, then it just looked awful on the forecast for the day. And it certainly was here, all morning.
And the Hackney outpost of my family (with grandson #1) decided to visit on Saturday for our village fireworks and stay the night with more of them (including grandson #2) joining us on Sunday morning so I had even more reasons to stay at home.
And when I looked at it in daylight on Sunday it was covered in muddy crud from the nearby bonfire/fireworks/rain combo.