A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 18th October 2010, 10:42 AM

Default facelift a 2005 to 2006 >

Id like to change my 2005 bumper to a 2006 one and have been searching around for information. with a baby on the way this wont be looked at kindly from her indoors so ive decided to source the parts bit by bit as they come up over the next few months or so which is a complete turnaround from my usual way, so first up is to get a definitive list of parts i will need and ive come up with this list of parts so far.

Bumper (4e0 807 105 AA GRU) £363
Bonnet (4e0 898 029) £877
mouldings (4e0 898 101) £68
Grille w/o acc (4e0 853 651 AC 1QP) £205
licence plate bracket (4e0 807 285 AC 1QP) £43
moulding kit (4e0 898 099) £361
----------------------------------
horn air (4e0 898 100A) £210
Headlamp washer jet (4e0 955 965 AA) £?

My 2005 already has Headlamp washers, i thought there was no difference in them, im not sure if i need these last two items.

I also already have bixenons, do i need to change these for new ones?

am i missing anything else that will be required to get the job done (apart from paint and some knowledgeable help)
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 18th October 2010, 06:13 PM

I thought the bonnet was the same on the two?

The washers will probably be different as the fixings, etc on the back of the bumper will have changed.

I know.. I know..

Old 18th October 2010, 06:18 PM

it would be great if the two bonnets are the same, its a lot of the cost, and probably difficult to find one s/h
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 18th October 2010, 07:46 PM

Going by some posts on audiforums.us and this PDF http://www.audi-portal.com/pdf/a8_FL_en.pdf you may be out of luck. Looks like the bumper is different

Kills off the thought I had of doing it.

I know.. I know..

Old 18th October 2010, 08:10 PM

i have been going by that pdf too, but it may be wrong and you right, ive just been on etka and 2005 and 2006 models have the same part number for the bonnet- if im reading it correctly

Old 19th October 2010, 10:17 AM

I have a front bumper if you are interested from a 2007 car
Old 19th October 2010, 10:20 AM

i will pm you

Old 3rd January 2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post

Bumper (4e0 807 105 AA GRU) £363
Bonnet (4e0 898 029) £877
mouldings (4e0 898 101) £68
Grille w/o acc (4e0 853 651 AC 1QP) £205
licence plate bracket (4e0 807 285 AC 1QP) £43
moulding kit (4e0 898 099) £361
----------------------------------
horn air (4e0 898 100A) £210
Headlamp washer jet (4e0 955 965 AA) £?

My 2005 already has Headlamp washers, i thought there was no difference in them, im not sure if i need these last two items.

I also already have bixenons, do i need to change these for new ones?

am i missing anything else that will be required to get the job done (apart from paint and some knowledgeable help)
hi did you do the conversion then?

i did mine 2 months ago and needed loads more than what you listed lol

3 grills for the bumper, main and 2 fog light grills,
bumper mouldings for the parking sensors with chrome strip as they are separate,
headlight washer covers,
bonnet like you said,
new pair of headlights,
the washer jets can be used from the old one, well i reused them,
same with headlamp washer jet,
you also need wings for a perfect fit, but ive just used the old ones which dont fit tight but do fit fine to the naked eye.
Old 5th January 2013, 04:40 PM

never got round to it, 2 kids came along and swallowed up loads of time, and im now considering the next move to a D4.

im suprised that you think the wings are different, no one has ever mentioned that before, love to see it, do you have before and after shots

Old 6th January 2013, 12:20 PM

sorry just seen this message.

well im only 25 so no kids yet or a wife lol

sorry no pics before but it had the same front end as yours. atm im quite busy and havnt really taken any proper pics since having it done, becuase the nasty weather crept up on me lol. thought it was going to snow this year so got rid of the m3 when summer ended and got this, but the weather did not call for my a8 lol

apparently it is but its very minute the difference thats why no one bothers with it tbh especially the price difference in mm lol.

well it cost me £2000 because it was mainly the bonnet from audi, they charged me £900 and i bought the s8 grill which was £400 so that munched most of my money. the fogs, and bumper mouldings, headlamp washer covers were from audi. only thing wasnt was the bumper which was £200 and was the s8 bumper as well.

tbh i only went for the s8 look because it was the meanest and best looking in my opinion and the s8 badge came on the grill for free so i left it lol.

ive also put a small lip spoiler on the bootlid edge, and twin exhaust back boxes. the back box gives a nice tone to the v8

well like on the other page we could do a lil meet sometime in febuary march time.

the d4's are nice like really nice, i really dont know what to say but in there class of their own, they have blown everyone and everything out of the world tbh.