A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 17th March 2014, 01:27 PM

Default Corrosion Warranty Claim

Looking around the car with some mates this dinner time we noticed a couple of little places where the paint is starting to bubble.

Has anyone gone in to Audi for a claim on paint/body corrosion?

Last year or so the roof near the windscreen was repaired but I've noticed that the roof trims are starting to lift and the side trims on the windscreen are lifting as well.
Would it be worth me mentioning this to Audi or will they just fob me with off with some lies?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 23rd March 2014, 05:05 PM

Scott, both really, depends where you go to make the claim.

My best mate went to Lincoln Audi with his 56plate D3 as paint was bubbling and flaking off around the windscreen.
Without any questions after taking photos and sending them off to Germany for a decision car was dropped off, courtesy 3.0TDi A5 was given to him. They've resprayed the whole roof and when done keys been handed over to him, job done.

I went with exactly same issue to Bexley Audi, plus I've got some bubbling on the drivers door and driver's side panel.

Before we got to the car, this fat p**ck already was telling me that this is because of bad spray job after an accident, WTF??? I asked him if he is having a laugh and told him to f*** off and got another guy to look at it.

So, car has never been involved in any accident or had any respray done. Also they don't know my car as it was serviced with another dealer. So it just shows you two different approaches to the problem.
Before they looked at the car he already had a list of excuses and possible causes without even looking at it. They were just not interested at all.

Anyway, got the pictures done and form was sent to Germany, That was before Christmas. Never heard from them since. There is a reason why Bexley Audi is as s**t as you can imagine. Receptionists are only interested in flashing their **** to sales guys by hanging over their desks and talking lots of 'stupid blond' rubbish.
Only parts guys are good blokes, rest of them just a bunch off *****.

Now, this probably is a very stupid question, but are there two types of dealers?? Something like main dealer and private/independent authorised type off dealers????

My mate told me recently to just go to the main dealer as they do care more and approach is completely different !?!?!

I'm not giving up on that, just been very busy recently and on the other hand 12 years paintwork warranty is a 12 years paintwork warranty, period.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 23rd March 2014, 05:53 PM

I've had several run'ins with this dealer before.

I put it down to the fact that I owned a 13 year old A4 or that I went in just after work, so not looking my best.
Part of me hoped it would be different with a A8 but I don't think that happened.
I still look the same. lol

They staff turnover seems to be massive, I've never seen the same person in their twice, apart from the women.

For this branch, there seems to be just one person who can deal with paint claims cause of his 20 years experience in the industry.
As they seem to take great pride in telling me, over and over again.
I also need to make sure the weather id good when I go to help them make a decisions but at the end of the conversion that changed to they can dry it and put it in the workshop.

I thought they was all franchised based dealers.
Never heard of any others.
Be nice if there was, I'd happly travel to Bristol, Exeter, Swindon, Cardiff and such for some good customer service.

Good luck with your claim.
I feel we need it.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 26th March 2014, 07:55 AM

Go M-A8 whoop, whoop. Tell it how it is mate, i've had fun filling in the blanks and nearly made me blush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post

I thought they was all franchised based dealers.
Never heard of any others.
Be nice if there was, I'd happly travel to Bristol, Exeter, Swindon, Cardiff and such for some good customer service.

Good luck with your claim.
I feel we need it.
Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton and Barnstaple Audi were all under the Silverstreet umbrella, they are now all Marshall Motors.

If you have issues with them give Audi UK a call and explaine if you wanted to be treatred like an Dacia owner you'd have bought one, however if they want to continue selling A8's to they'll have to pull their socks up.
Always have your phone on voice record when speaking with the crooks, and tell the story to make it clear for anyone that listens, so say "are you not going to look at it before you tell me why it's not covered?"
All you have to do is give them the rope, and they'll hang themselves.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 26th March 2014, 09:55 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

I had a servicing issue with Glasgow/Lomond Audi years ago when I had an A6. Eventually got in touch with Audi, who didn't give a s**t! They just said that the stealers were franchises and nothing to do with them.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 26th March 2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton and Barnstaple Audi were all under the Silverstreet umbrella, they are now all Marshall Motors.
They all as bad as Plymouth then?
Old 26th March 2014, 11:26 AM

I very rarely use a garage let alone a dealer, but i have been messed around with parts, never dealt with sales, and to be honest after dealing with parts i have no intention to. I can say with out doubt it would not be worth the drive to Barnstaple but can't comment on the others. They are all under the same umbrella but run separately, as i found out when just ringing around for oil. £28 for 5 liters at Barnstaple £19 at Exeter.

Do you want to borrow my car to park on their forecourt?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2003_bmw_7_series_745li-pic-7544921714697739962.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	644.2 KB
ID:	7612  

Old 26th March 2014, 11:31 AM

Haha. nice picture.
It was a toss up between a 5/7 series or the A8.
The 8 is a higher number, so I went with that.

Plymouth got one more chance when I go in on friday.
If they are still bad, I'm off to exeter or possibly Swindon. lol
Old 26th March 2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
Haha. nice picture.
It was a toss up between a 5/7 series or the A8.
The 8 is a higher number, so I went with that.

Plymouth got one more chance when I go in on friday.
If they are still bad, I'm off to exeter or possibly Swindon. lol
Mini meet?

Old 26th March 2014, 12:22 PM

Could do.
At Audi?
Solidarity Brother.......And all that.