A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Lights

D2 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 19th October 2011, 08:16 PM
Banned

Default can the head lights be calibrated ?

can my self head lights be calibrated via vag com ? they are a little low and need to come up a little so i can see where i'm going

thanks guy's
Old 19th October 2011, 09:20 PM

I used to move the headlights up and down on my S8 using Vag Com but that was just to check the auto levelling. There must be a way to do it, I'm sure MOT stations can do it.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 19th October 2011, 11:00 PM

Mine failed MOT on headlight aim, despite being bi-xenons with auto levelling. There are still manual adjustments on the headlights, even with auto levelling, to set the basic position. The MOT station corrected my driver's side one (too low and toward the left) FOC and it did make a noticeable difference. I assume it didn't quite go back in the same place after removal for the cambelt change.

If you have someone with decent beam setting kit they should be able to do it in a few minutes.
Old 20th October 2011, 10:09 AM
Banned

ah thanks guys il give that a go then, there is a reason i cant see where im going may have dropped by its self after the coilovers were put on i had both sensors off when i did the change over