A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Lights

D2 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 22nd November 2013, 02:51 PM

Default Front fogs not working after radiator change...

Hi,

I've just recently had my radiator fixed as it was leaking badly. Unfortunately the local man who does my repairs forgot to reconnect the fog lights once the new radiator was installed. How big a job is it to reconnect the fog lights? Do i need to take the bumper off?

Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 04:12 PM

Remove fog lamp grills and you will see electrical connector somewhere behind the bumper. You may need to remove the fog lamp itself (3 torx screws) to find it as it can be directly behind it. Very easy.
Old 23rd November 2013, 04:07 PM

Hi,

I noticed that you don't have front parking sensors on your 2.8 QS... Is that right? If you do, have them, do they work as that would indicate the entire bumper loom not being connected.

I have a feeling your mechanic may not have pugged in the wiring loom connector rather that the connectors on the fogs themselves.

The radiator replacement would have been a front bumper off job and it is more likely he would have disconnected the connector of the entire bumper loom. I believe it may be easier to take the front bumper off and check but it may be worthwhile seeing if you can spot the loom connector behind the NSF fog light grille.

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 25th November 2013, 03:52 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, I will give those both a shot, much appreciated. Just wasn't quite sure how much digging it would involve to reconnect them.

Will let you know how I get on.

*edit* Sorry yeah no parking sensors on my beast or headlight washers so only fog lights in the bumper.

Cheers