A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 5th March 2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7 slp View Post
Sorry there was a lot in that post... it was that the level dropped slightly after the rad change , it was overfilled by my Indy that did the job, so just wanted to check if that would be normal. Its come down to the Max mark now give or take …and keeping an eye on it to make sure all is ok, was just checking where most find their coolant level sits at which checked cold.And if the drop would seem normal
In my experience everything you have described is normal.
Old 5th March 2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles View Post
I know this corner well, the A8 I think will do it at about 70-80mph lol! Funny when you join the m40 and everyone is looking at you as you fly past on the slip road.

To the original poster the coolant drop is fine and that's more than likely why he overfilled it to account for air left in the system, bit like an oil change, I'll overfill slightly to allow for the oil filter, best thing to do regarding air in the system is roll the windows down put the heating on full heat and take it for a spin getting it upto temp and using all the Rev range as this will open the heater circuit and using the Rev range will be running the pump at full tilt helping push out any air that may be hiding, top up to max if it does drop and then just check it as usual.

My misses zafira had an air pocket for 6 months ish after I did a belt and pump change, she hardly uses the heater though and I didn't get chance to take it out properly, went to check her oil one day and noticed a drop in coolant, filled it up and been fine ever since, reaches temp better too now, I was blaming a facet stat from ECP to begin with.
I will have to look out for that corner...
.....Great thanks I will do that as I done use the heat all the time and also its a good amount of town driving ...Have a few trips to Cov over the weekend for my son and his football game so that should give it a good run and I can play around with the revs at bit.

Thanks for the help . I had a check on it in my works car park at it seems the same as yesterday just about sitting to the MAX just where to bottle has the crease.
Old 5th March 2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasiliangringo View Post
In my experience everything you have described is normal.
Thanks for that ...hopefuly it will be settling down now. I will keep a keen eye on it over the weekend
Old 26th March 2015, 08:02 PM

https://goo.gl/maps/zjTB3
Here? I like that corner too. Usually after dropping the missus off at the airport and looking forward to a week of not getting dressed and eating pizza.
not really
Old 26th March 2015, 09:51 PM

It is one of the better ones on Britains motorways. I usualy manage to overtake all the slow movers that have held me up on the 25.
AND it is normally on the way home oop north after a Gatwick trip.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)