A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 22nd June 2018, 03:02 PM

Another little mod I would like to do - fan spray washer jets.

Now reading through the thread I have concluded that my 2008 S8 will need a spacer to fit the SKODA heated fan washer jets. It already has the triple jets as standard.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 22nd June 2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
Now reading through the thread I have concluded that my 2008 S8 will need a spacer to fit the SKODA heated fan washer jets. It already has the triple jets as standard.
Not quite. The FL D3 doesn't require the spacer, but the PF D3 does. See the comment by tc4332 (Ray) regarding the reasons.

I know that the ones I bought off AliExpress and fitted to my '08 S8 were fine. I did buy another set to fit the '04 A8, but haven't got around to fitting them. In theory, they should be loose and require the spacers, which I also bought. If I can both parts, I'll try fitting them today and confirm what Ray said.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 22nd June 2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Not quite. The FL D3 doesn't require the spacer, but the PF D3 does. See the comment by tc4332 (Ray) regarding the reasons.

I know that the ones I bought off AliExpress and fitted to my '08 S8 were fine. I did buy another set to fit the '04 A8, but haven't got around to fitting them. In theory, they should be loose and require the spacers, which I also bought. If I can both parts, I'll try fitting them today and confirm what Ray said.
Thanks. I read Ray's posts and confused myself! It's clear now, the PF requires them if going from a 2-jet to a triple jet (or fan) but the facelifts don't require them. Time to order a set from Aliexpress as TPS want nearly £25+vat for one.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 22nd June 2018, 05:38 PM

My pleasure to be of assistance.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 22nd June 2018, 06:31 PM

And just to confirm what I said was correct, I've managed to find the new jets and shims and fitted them to the '04 D3, and they work fine. The fiddly bit was fitting the shims.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

Old 3rd July 2018, 08:23 PM

Mine arrived today, installed, adjusted and working perfectly
Old 8th July 2018, 01:27 PM

For those fitting these to a PF D3 that require the addition of shims, I came across this image that might help with how the shims are fitted in relation to everything else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FanjetPlusShim_PFD3.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	19666  

Old 14th November 2019, 02:57 PM

This thread has all of the information you need about the D3 fan jet upgrade dangerdred

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra