A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 6th March 2018, 08:43 PM

Default keyless start fault

Hi guys. My car started giving me the "no key identified" message again, despite only changing the battery a few months ago max. I changed the battery in the key fob again and it went from most times to every start attempt then a low key battery warning came up on the dash.

I did a VCDS scan and got open circuit faults for all keyless antennae, including the interior one. Also got faults for the door switches (theyve never worked since Ive had the car) and one saying the fob battery had reached the lower limit. I cleared the faults and they all came back except the key battery fault. I checked fuses 15 and 42 and they were both fine.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem? I copied the fault codes but theyre on the other laptop. Can open it up if it helps though

thanks in advance, gill
1990 Land Rover 90 factory county station wagon with all the luxury additions, such as a clock and a tape player.
2007 A4 3.0TDi s-line cabriolet quattro
2000 A8 D2 2.8 quattro, looking for a new home - gone
2003 A6 3.0 quattro, in the way... anyone want any parts? - gone