And always used there online code
I thought wow great value
But today I used there code to buy a decent set off jump leads
£41.99 online done the Easter code egg56 got £13.50 discount wow
So off I went to pick up my bargain
Got to europarts wolverhampton
Joined the queue
Everyone getting bargains loads in the queue
But I'm standing in line looking at stuff on the shelf when I see the jump leads I've ordered
But to my dismay the price on the shelf is half the price online at £24.99
I thought they might be discounted as there might be something wrong with them but when I got to the counter and gave them my order number they went and fetched the ones off the shelf for £24.99
And tried to charge me £28.50
The online discount price
After I explained to him what they was doing is wrong
He agreed with me and said that's the way the get the public buying online making them think they are getting a bargain
When it's cheaper just to go in store and order over the counter
I was disgusted
I tried a couple off more comparisons off the price online and on the shelf in store
Most off the online prices are hiked some nearly double
I phoned there customer service and got told the same that there online prices are higher than there in store prices
What a con
Please share and lets stop this con by Euro parts
Old 18th April 2017, 09:34 AM

Yup. Their pricing is complete BS - basically made up on the spot with no consistency. I've seen stuff on offer on the public web site for less than trade price. When you call them out on it they just say 'oh ok we'll do it for the offer price'. When you challenge why MPD can often beat their pricing they say 'our first price usually isn't our best price. if you find it cheaper, call us and we'll beat it'. Really? I don't have time for games like that. If MPD are cheaper for the same part then they get the business first time.

Always double check their pricing and compare with everyone else.
Old 18th April 2017, 09:42 AM

I did it the other way around a few months ago - lent my brother a set of jump leads, happened to be in ECP picking up an online order the next day and spotted a pair on the shelf priced up at £12.99.

Tempted to gift to my brother, but decided to check the online price, which was £4.99 before discount and £3.37 after their offer code of the day! The guy behind the counter said it took a few mins to come through if I online order, so tried to get close with trade discount - which he couldn't! So I ordered "online" in store, through quidco to get 50p cashback and "collected" three minutes later for a total cost of £2.87 (after cashback which was paid with no issue) I got these jump leads.

So they certainly have a variable pricing strategy, but that isn't always a bad thing
Old 18th April 2017, 03:26 PM

I've been in buying things and spoken with mechanics who've said the same as MikkiJayne, that the trade price is often higher. Mental.

I use them regularly, and find them convenient and decent value. Whenever I've seen things in store they've been priced higher than the price I'd got online with instore pickup. What annoys me is when you order brake pads or discs and their price is for a single item. Ok if you know, but not when the brother in law planned to swap out his discs and pads a while back. He was quite angry when I suggested he check their terms again. Indeed the price he thought he had was for one half of his braking system. Not good business whichever way you look at it, peeing off customers.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.

Last edited by Johnmed; 18th April 2017 at 03:29 PM.