A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior

D2 - Interior Seats, dashboards, plastics, ventilation everything inside the cabin

Old 17th April 2012, 07:57 PM

Default D2 RHD/LHD Front Door cards in ETKA

It seems in ETKA there is no distinction between RHD and LHD cars for front door cards.

Inner door handle on driver door card is larger than on passenger door card because of the lock button. I expect RHD and LHD front door cads to have different part numbers in ETKA, but it seems not the case.

Could someone explain please this phenomenon?

It seems I need to cut larger hole for the handle in drivers door card myself if I order new door card... I'm confused.
Old 18th April 2012, 05:42 AM

Default Hole in door card

Early prefacelift door cards on the driver's side didnt have the locking mechanism in the door handle.

When I took a door card from an older a8 and tried to put it in my prefacelift, because mine was a '98 prefacelift it was produced during the change over period, the doorcard in mine had a slightly larger hole for the locking mechanism.

Where the door handle fits the structure is made of wood, so I carefully just cut into it until the newer handle with the door locking mechanism fitted....not too bad just fiddly.

Or just guessing you might need to specify you want the drivers doorcard from a facelift d2?????
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Last edited by RanjS8; 18th April 2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 18th April 2012, 08:27 AM

Thanks Ranj,

I've got facelift D2 and I was going to order two front door cards from Audi.

The idea was to retrofit inner handle with lock/unlock button on both driver and passenger door. To accomplish this I wanted to order right door card from RDH car and left door card from LHD car to have larger holes on both sides.

The issue is in ETKA there is no such thing as RHD version or LHD version for front door cards, which probably means that the hole for bigger door handle with lock button should be arranged with workshop equipment...
Old 18th April 2012, 08:31 AM
Staff at A8 Parts

Before calling Audi to place an order give our office a call we may be able to help 01642 783537

At Work to Drive:
2013 VW Caddy 1.6TDi Bluemotion, Highline, Heated seats, winterpack, DAB, Bluetooth, Lift up Tailgate, Colour coded, Leather wheel and gearknob, RNS 510 Touch Screen, optical PDC, HL Wash.
1997 S8, Pearl White
2005 W12 6.0, Heated Ventilated Massage Seats X4, Glass Sunroof, Fridge, RSE, Bluetooth, AMI, TV, Enhanced Leather, Heated Windscreen, 20" Alloys, ACC, Auto Boot, Soft Close Doors, 3 Electric Blinds, TP Monitor, Fingerprint
Old 16th May 2012, 09:06 PM

I'm answering my own question. Door cards come from factory always with small hole, which makes them suitable for both RHD and LHD cars. It is very easy then to make hole larger for driver side handle with workshop equipment.