A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 7th September 2017, 01:45 AM

Default airport parking

Hi lovely people need some advice. Booked our 8 days holiday for next month. Looking at parking cost at Gatwick seems quite steep, anybody have any tips or is there any free parking near by?

Ta

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub

Last edited by H-M3; 7th September 2017 at 01:48 AM.
Old 7th September 2017, 08:10 AM

Consider this, http://parkonmydrive.com/search-chec...on=-0.18206299

Much cheaper than any airport parking, and only a 5 minute cab journey to the airport. Some even don't mind dropping you to the airport to help out.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 7th September 2017, 08:29 AM

I live near Gatwick, but don't have driveway space to offer. I would caution against leaving it parked in the area on the public road - it's not unknown for local residents who see cases being dragged out of boots to take exception and be a bit less than careful if walking past the car, if you get my drift.....

There are plenty of (justified!) horror stories about the meet and greet outfits based around here too. They're known for dumping cars down residential roads and generally hooning it everywhere (they're usually easy to spot wearing yellow tabards driving cars they can't possibly afford)

The driveway parking suggestion above is a good one - Horley is a £5 taxi fare to the airport (Carline Albion) and Gatwick Cars based at the terminal will charge £10 to get you back again, without the hassle of trying to meet somewhere with another taxi firm. If you want a 2nd opinion on the location of a parking spot drop me a PM and I'll tell you if it's rough or not!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 7th September 2017, 01:20 PM

Thanks guys, I normally park near a shop front where a family friend owns and then its a bus trip (5min) unfortunately he has left the business recently so
Adrian Thanks for that mate but might look at the 2nd opinion just to see.

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub