A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th May 2020, 08:20 AM

Default S8 D3 brake light switch / ABS brakes 00526 - Brake Light Switch Implausible Signal

Hi Folks,

Firstly thanks for being a great forum, truly helpful to us enthusiasts 👍

Regarding my S8, D3 4e 2006:

Recently while moderate braking the abs lamps lit up and when I checked with my VCDS HexNet the fault is:
00526 - Brake Light switch (F)
008 - implausible signal - intermittent.
No other fault codes present except for HVAC heater issues...

My old switch is OEM having the Audi logo and part number: 3B0945511C
I purchased a new switch from febi bilstein 104351 which is listed as a direct replacement (Audi UK parts is still closed here in UK).
I fitted the new switch in accordance with on line guides first pulling out the switch rod fully before fitting and twist locking into position, with the brake pedal remaining in the up position.
I then checked the measuring blocks in VCDS and I can observe the activation of the two switches - the test and light switch contacts changing state when I press the brake pedal - all was well until the test drive and only late in the test drive only after many fine braking operations, when I randomly have the same fault code 00526 occurring again.... I checked the switch fitment as well as verified the two switch contacts changing state - all ok.

Observations:
Looking at Measuring blocks the test contact activates before the light contact. Surely both contacts should activate simultaneously?
I can get only the test contact to activate with a light press of the brake pedal. A firm press will activate both contacts.
If I press the brake pedal lightly the transmission shift lock does not activate, only after a firm press does the shift lock disengage .

Hoping for any guidance you can offer to this. It may be that I have to wait for Audi parts to reopen and purchase an OEM grade part?
Anyone having a wiring drawing so I can check if possibly a corroded or broken wire may be the issue?

Thanks again guys and stay safe

Kind regards