A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Lights

D3 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 5th November 2013, 02:17 PM

Default Cheers

Thats pretty much the conclusion I have came too as well, oh well your brothers across the pond can benefit from my loss.

Old 13th November 2013, 08:41 PM

I'm really sorry, the answer may be even there but why all this hassle with wiring???
I've done my tail lights recently and it was a straight swap.
No errors or less functions.
Even German supplier who I got it from told me its a straight swap, plug and play.

Other than that well worth it !!!!

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 13th November 2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
I'm really sorry, the answer may be even there but why all this hassle with wiring???
I've done my tail lights recently and it was a straight swap.
No errors or less functions.
Even German supplier who I got it from told me its a straight swap, plug and play.

Other than that well worth it !!!!
We all got to that conclusion too

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 14th November 2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli18 View Post
Sorry guys

My eyes went all funny after looking at all this pictures

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 7th June 2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli18 View Post
Del, Oli, M-A8, I read the thread (admittedly not to the T) but, if the conclusion is that the extra wiring is not necessary, did (the extra wiring that Del did) it not do anything extra at all?
Old 7th June 2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwentie View Post
Del, Oli, M-A8, I read the thread (admittedly not to the T) but, if the conclusion is that the extra wiring is not necessary, did (the extra wiring that Del did) it not do anything extra at all?
It did nothing, but if I was needing to code the lights to American market then the extra wire I guess would get used, but in UK it is not required and was a total waste of my time.

Old 19th October 2016, 12:50 AM

Thumbs up

Thank you so much for this tutorial! I'm in the U.S. and this solved my "tail lamp out" error that occurred when I retrofitted the newer LED lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post

Using a 12mm socket fill it with blutack or something like that so that the nut sticks in the socket, otherwise you run the risk of losing them into the guts of the car never to be seen again. (Like me )
I overlooked this part of the write-up and dropped the nuts into the body of the car but luckily I was able to retrieve them with a 20" long flexible magnet.
Old 11th June 2017, 02:13 PM

Hey there
I've just used your splendid guide to swapping out the rear lights on my 03 4.2 petrol. Thanks for making it painless. I needed to replace the O/S outer, as someone had driven into the corner of the car, and driven off...
So I thought I'd change the age degraded units, and my does the car look better!
Thanx again,

BTW is there a sticky for removal of the MMI screen? Yep, the plastic gears have failed, and the screen doesn't rise like it oughter!

Kevin
London W3

03 4.2 Petrol, paddle shift, sports suspension, adaptive headlights.
Old 11th June 2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koberk View Post
BTW is there a sticky for removal of the MMI screen? Yep, the plastic gears have failed, and the screen doesn't rise like it oughter!
This should help -
http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showpost....0&postcount=18

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 13th June 2017, 02:15 AM

hi mate did you replace them with new facelift ones? If so what sort of wonga did it set you back?
cheers

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub