A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Fuel and Exhausts

D2 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 3rd September 2015, 08:06 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Has anyone tried these guys:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A1-A2...item2806044cf0
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 3rd September 2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
There's a blast from the past, I had a Longlife exhaust made and fitted to my specifications on my S4. I drove down to Leeds with the missus and chose the type of tip I wanted (large oval, suited the bumper shape perfect) then off we went for a few hours doing a bit of shopping and had something to eat. We got back at the time requested and it was all done, but still on a ramp so I could have a look at the installation, very happy with it, and it sounded lovely.

If my memory serves me well it was about £600, but this would be almost 12 years ago. They opened a branch more local to me in the meantime and quoted me ~£1,000 for a cat back exhaust for my D2, but I bought and S8 one from Prestige instead for around a tenth of the price and polished the tips up on that.

Thinking back, I had a problem with the Longlife exhaust knocking on the underside of the car under heavy acceleration so they asked me to take it back down, changed some rubbers or something, and covered the cost of my fuel, which I thought was excellent service at the time.

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 3rd September 2015, 09:56 AM

I thought someone on here had an MTM cat back fitted, but thinking now it may be another Forum.

Cheaper than Miltek, available from http://www.qstuning.com/
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Adrian's right, you can't get a (new) Miltek system for a D2 any more. As and when I need to replace mine, I'll probably go to MIJ in Walsall, which might suit you, depending on where you are (your location's not listed)

http://www.mijexhaust.com

They get good press (on here and elsewhere), and I've been impressed with the work they've done for me previously. They're also quite happy to tune the exhaust to fit your specific tastes, and I'm happy with mine.
Thanks - these guys have come up in the threads before plus I'm based in Sutton Coldfield which is very close to Walsall. I'll pop down to take a look soon as now the exhaust idea is in my head, think I'm going to have to do something soon!
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:35 AM

Slightly leftfield, but have you thought of improving induction noise rather than exhaust?

A drilled airbox lid would be less intrusive than an exhaust with no resonance/droning concerns; part throttle would sound like normal, but you'd get a V8 roar at WOT. Easily reversible if you get a spare lid/box.

Once i've bought a replacement drill, this is my plan of action.
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:56 AM

This is another one I like. He fiddled with the stock system himself at minimal cost.

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showpost....09&postcount=5
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Mine will be up on a ramp tomorrow getting its MOT so will try and grab a pic of the system

Need to check out if a rear diff seal needs doing yet so will be having a look!
As promised here's some photos of mine for info

I suspect the final 2 pics show where the join is to the OEM exhaust as the link section is looking considerably more corroded than the rest! If that fails I guess I'll be looking at some sort of X pipe section to replace it.

System has been on the car since August 2010

ETA - looking at the receipt for the exhaust again I think that section with the link pipe between banks is part of the Milltek system, as there's part numbers listed for LH and RH inter pipes, a centre section and a rear section. It's not leaking but it doesn't look great....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5373.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	11783   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5374.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	11784   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5375.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	11785   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5376.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	11786   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5377.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	11787   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5378.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	11788  

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC

Last edited by Adrian E; 3rd September 2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 3rd September 2015, 12:30 PM

It certainly looks a lot wider than the stock H-pipe so probably better?
Less restricted communication between banks?