A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 5th March 2024, 08:50 AM

Default D5 A8 50 3.0 tdi (2017)

Late ,2017 Audi a8 3.0 tdi 50. Current plate - G2GKA.

The car is in a lovely moonlight (dark) blue colour with black interior and low miles - currently 33k miles.

It also benefits from Audi approved warranty until end of April ‘25. The annual tax is £180.

I bought this A8 from Boston Audi last May for £32k (all documents to support this)…..and I also received 2 free services as part of the purchase deal, which, I presume is transferable.

The car is VERY high spec with the following optional extras:

Assistance systems - cross traffic assist front, 360 cameras, city assist pack, pre-sense rear,

Audio and comms - rear seat remote, DAB + TV.

COMFORT - power door closure and 4 zone auto air con.

Headlights - HD matrix led with dynamic front and rear indicators.

Interior - operating buttons - black gloss, lower inlays in dark Matt brushed alu, upper inlays in , dark brown walnut + extended leather pack.

Roof windows - acoustic double glazing, elec sun blinds rear window and doors, adaptive windscreen wipers, panoramic glass roof.

Seats - front seat ventilation, comfort front armrest.

Wheels - 19” x 9”j 15 spoke cast alu (S-Line).

This car wants for nothing and is in excellent condition with FULL Audi history. I also had the car ceramic coated in September (with paperwork).

It’s my Lancashire to Heathrow commuter and on that run achieves 47 mpg.

I’m not suggesting the D5 is any better build or look wise than any of it’s predecessors (which I’ve owned all 3 - and really miss my D3), but, the Technology on this car is exceptional.

The only down Sides I can think of regarding this car is that it doesn’t have B and O, or, colourful ambient lighting.

I’m looking for £29,500 (I think £2.5 is a big enough hit to take over 10 months!)
Even though it’s NOT a LWB I think it would make a lovely wedding/chauffeur car given its rear extras (4 zone climate, rear remote and blinds).

I am now looking for either an avant or SUV to suit my needs better.

This A8 will be at Heathrow this Thursday to Monday (8th to 12th) and available to view.

Pls PM me for photos (none avail yet) or if you have any Qs.
My pride and joy - 1991 ur 20v quattro (owned since 2003).
BMW 645 (Need to sell now I have 2 A8s....)
Previous cars
A8 D4 4.2tdi lwb (2011)
A4 cab 3.0 Quattro petrol (2005)
T5 Caravelle exec 2.5 (2006)
A8 D2 3.7 quattro sport (2001)
A8 D3 4.2 quattro (2003)
A6 4.2 quattro avant (1999)
A6 2.8 quattro (1998)
Audi Coupe 2.6E (1993)
Carlton 3.0 GSI
Old 5th March 2024, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcjd View Post
Late ,2017 Audi a8 3.0 tdi 50. Current plate - G2GKA.

The car is in a lovely moonlight (dark) blue colour with black interior and low miles - currently 33k miles.

It also benefits from Audi approved warranty until end of April ‘25. The annual tax is £180.

I bought this A8 from Boston Audi last May for £32k (all documents to support this)…..and I also received 2 free services as part of the purchase deal, which, I presume is transferable.

The car is VERY high spec with the following optional extras:

Assistance systems - cross traffic assist front, 360 cameras, city assist pack, pre-sense rear,

Audio and comms - rear seat remote, DAB + TV.

COMFORT - power door closure and 4 zone auto air con.

Headlights - HD matrix led with dynamic front and rear indicators.

Interior - operating buttons - black gloss, lower inlays in dark Matt brushed alu, upper inlays in , dark brown walnut + extended leather pack.

Roof windows - acoustic double glazing, elec sun blinds rear window and doors, adaptive windscreen wipers, panoramic glass roof.

Seats - front seat ventilation, comfort front armrest.

Wheels - 19” x 9”j 15 spoke cast alu (S-Line).

This car wants for nothing and is in excellent condition with FULL Audi history. I also had the car ceramic coated in September (with paperwork).

It’s my Lancashire to Heathrow commuter and on that run achieves 47 mpg.

I’m not suggesting the D5 is any better build or look wise than any of it’s predecessors (which I’ve owned all 3 - and really miss my D3), but, the Technology on this car is exceptional.

The only down Sides I can think of regarding this car is that it doesn’t have B and O, or, colourful ambient lighting.

I’m looking for £29,500 (I think £2.5 is a big enough hit to take over 10 months!)
Even though it’s NOT a LWB I think it would make a lovely wedding/chauffeur car given its rear extras (4 zone climate, rear remote and blinds).

I am now looking for either an avant or SUV to suit my needs better.

This A8 will be at Heathrow this Thursday to Monday (8th to 12th) and available to view.

Pls PM me for photos (none avail yet) or if you have any Qs.

Sounds like a lovely car. I am not looking for one and I am not up to date with the values, and £29.5k could be a fair price. But regarding your comment about loosing £2.5k in 10 months, you cannot compare price from Audi dealer to a private sale. I would expect loosing a lot more just driving off the dealers car lot.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 5th March 2024, 05:33 PM

You’re absolutely right, but, being a Yorkshire man that feels a big sting.
Of course, when you buy a brand new car from the dealer you expect to lose a lot of money instantly, but, when the car gets older the depreciation should be less than the initial .
I could never afford to buy a brand new car from Audi (wouldn’t even if I could), but, when I bought this A8 it seemed a very competitive price, given that it cost around 84-86k when new.
That’s why I mentioned that figure.
If I were to trade back into Audi…..the trade in figure would be about 23k….and I’m not prepared to take a 9k hit over 10 months…..that’s crazy. 😮
Btw …..the car is as lovely as it sounds……but…..I do miss my D3 4.2 tdi……now that was a car!
Previous cars
A8 D4 4.2tdi lwb (2011)
A8 D3 4.2 quattro (2003)
A6 2.8 quattro (1998)
Audi Coupe 2.6E (1993)
Carlton 3.0 GSI
Old 6th March 2024, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Sounds like a lovely car. I am not looking for one and I am not up to date with the values, and £29.5k could be a fair price. But regarding your comment about loosing £2.5k in 10 months, you cannot compare price from Audi dealer to a private sale. I would expect loosing a lot more just driving off the dealers car lot.
That was my gut reaction too, especially given 2nd hand values are way weaker than they were then and 2.5k is barely even the VAT involved.

What is the Autotrader recommended private sale price, or the trade value on the usual sites?

PS I'm not in the market either, I may look to sell the M5 shortly, bought 12 months ago, btu expecting to take a circa 10k hit, not 2.5k !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcjd View Post
You’re absolutely right, but, being a Yorkshire man that feels a big sting.
Of course, when you buy a brand new car from the dealer you expect to lose a lot of money instantly, but, when the car gets older the depreciation should be less than the initial .
I could never afford to buy a brand new car from Audi (wouldn’t even if I could), but, when I bought this A8 it seemed a very competitive price, given that it cost around 84-86k when new.
That’s why I mentioned that figure.
If I were to trade back into Audi…..the trade in figure would be about 23k….and I’m not prepared to take a 9k hit over 10 months…..that’s crazy. ��
Btw …..the car is as lovely as it sounds……but…..I do miss my D3 4.2 tdi……now that was a car!
9k seems more about right to be honest, think you might be being a bit unrealistic - if trade in is 23k, private sale is 24-25k IMHO - and the warranty you mention only has a single month left to run, so has very little value - I have bought an extended BMW warranty for mine to help it sell when I do get round to it
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Last edited by sarg; 6th March 2024 at 09:31 AM.
Old 6th March 2024, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
I may look to sell the M5 shortly, bought 12 months ago, but expecting to take a circa 10k hit, not 2.5k !!
Ooh! Interesting...

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 8th March 2024, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Ooh! Interesting...
It's not getting used now I'm back working from home. Wanna buy it?
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 8th March 2024, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
That was my gut reaction too, especially given 2nd hand values are way weaker than they were then and 2.5k is barely even the VAT involved.

What is the Autotrader recommended private sale price, or the trade value on the usual sites?

PS I'm not in the market either, I may look to sell the M5 shortly, bought 12 months ago, btu expecting to take a circa 10k hit, not 2.5k !!

9k seems more about right to be honest, think you might be being a bit unrealistic - if trade in is 23k, private sale is 24-25k IMHO - and the warranty you mention only has a single month left to run, so has very little value - I have bought an extended BMW warranty for mine to help it sell when I do get round to it

Fair comments I guess. Maybe my figure is unrealistic- who knows? I’m only looking at what else is for sale out there and comparing my spec and mileage to theirs.

The warranty has over 13 months to run.
Previous cars
A8 D4 4.2tdi lwb (2011)
A8 D3 4.2 quattro (2003)
A6 2.8 quattro (1998)
Audi Coupe 2.6E (1993)
Carlton 3.0 GSI
Old 14th March 2024, 10:52 AM

my A8 lost £2000 a month for the first year