A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 19th April 2010, 01:39 PM

Default heated screen

is there a way of telling if i have the heated windscreen on my D2 02 S8?
Old 19th April 2010, 01:58 PM

As far as I'm aware it only works below 5degrees on the normal defrost button for the front screen on the climate panel. If you have it abs you put the front blower on the light on the button will flash.

Also, in the boot on the right hand side you will have a black box above the battery (I can grab a pic of mine to show what your looking for). You also have a panel clipped in on the right hand side like the one over the tools and tv tuner.

But you have rear seat entertainment don't you? Which uses a different cover and it might be hard to see the box with your DVD changer etc which I beleive goes in the same place?

Might be worth looking at your option codes, there are websites that decode them.
'02 S8 - Ebony Black Pearl, 'Swing' Grey Leather/Alcantara, PDC, Xenon Plus, Bose, Phone Prep, Navigation Plus, TV, auto dipping interior and exterior mirrors, UV/Solar Tint Glass, Ski Hatch, Extended leather pack 1, Rear Sun Blinds, Memory Driver & Passenger Seat, Heated Front Screen, Heated Rear Seats.

Last edited by Mr K; 19th April 2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 19th April 2010, 01:59 PM

Call Audi customer services, Google the number. Sorry I didn't reply to your text by the way. Was having some trouble with my phone, will catch up soon.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 19th April 2010, 04:19 PM

Can you not see it in the screen? Tiny wiggley lines.
A friends Mondano had it but i thought it was sh1te because it looked like the rear screen in my 8. When driving once i had noticed it i found my self looking at the screen rather than through it.
Old 19th April 2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Can you not see it in the screen? Tiny wiggley lines.
A friends Mondano had it but i thought it was sh1te because it looked like the rear screen in my 8. When driving once i had noticed it i found my self looking at the screen rather than through it.
nope - my brothers transit is like that, I really dont like it.

The 8' uses a mettalic film within the glass. Mine has a bluey tinge to it, but I don't know if that's to do with the heated screen or not.
'02 S8 - Ebony Black Pearl, 'Swing' Grey Leather/Alcantara, PDC, Xenon Plus, Bose, Phone Prep, Navigation Plus, TV, auto dipping interior and exterior mirrors, UV/Solar Tint Glass, Ski Hatch, Extended leather pack 1, Rear Sun Blinds, Memory Driver & Passenger Seat, Heated Front Screen, Heated Rear Seats.

Old 19th April 2010, 04:43 PM

Talking

Ah i have an ice scrape and cold fingers when the screen is frosted