A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 16th July 2012, 11:10 AM

Default SDS Speech Module

I have just purchased an SDS module from A8Parts, installation looks easy for me, my radio is on the outer shell of the media rack so i will only need to drop down the dvd drive to get access to it.

I know component protection will kick in, which is a PITA as im going away to france next weekend so getting a dealer to do it in time will probably be out of the question. so may have to wait till i get back.

On the coding side I believe i will have to change the coding for the Bluetooth system, anyone done this before, is this all thats involved, besides the CP this looks remarkably and uncharacteristically easy, am I missing anything?
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 9th August 2012, 03:08 PM

Fitted the module, the unit accepts the module both ways round, so put it in wrong first time round, the curved blades go inwards.

Disabled the voice on the telephone

installed Voice module on the gateway

now when i press the button the voice says "cancel", which is normal as CP has now kicked in, Only the speech module is affected by the CP so far, i was expecting more.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 10th August 2012, 12:14 PM

All done, quick vist to Audi Leeds and £27 and 30 minutes, component protection gone and all working.