A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 18th May 2011, 09:06 PM

Wont be making this sorry. Have fun all that go. Hope weather is good for you.
Try to make Audi's in the park. Will def be at ADI 2011. Wonder what the ADI track car will be this year?? 2009 rs6, 2010 R8 2011 ??? Cant wait
Old 18th May 2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian View Post
Hi All,

We need a bit more commitment on the BBQ. The hotel's minimum is 20 and so far we have 11.

Come on you know you want to.

Dezzy is so keen he's saving money by camping so he can have double BBQ and gallions of ale!

Check out the 1st post for who's doing what.
the bbq is for me and her in doors so that will be two for me. maybe some others require two and not just the one.
Old 19th May 2011, 06:25 AM

I know I said I will not come but it is getting tempting so there is a possibility I might drop by at some point but no need for hotel if I stay overnight will be using tent. I better put S8 through MOT, ran out week ago, should sail straight through I just have been lazy to actually do it. If You go to Billing Aquadrome I will defo drop by there if I get MOT as it is just 10 miles away.
Old 19th May 2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Hi All,

We need a bit more commitment on the BBQ. The hotel's minimum is 20 and so far we have 11.

Come on you know you want to.

Dezzy is so keen he's saving money by camping so he can have double BBQ and gallions of ale!

Check out the 1st post for who's doing what.
I wasn't planning to BBQ because i have half a pig cut up in my freezer and i got to start eating it i was going to live off it for the weekend. But if the numbers are only 1 short i will BBQ for the benifit of the masses.

The other options of course are asking non A8 owners from around the site to come and play BBQ's with us, or are we allowed a BBQ of our own in the camping area? I have one i can bring with me, it won't feed 11 in one go but woman and children first and a fight to sort the rest out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
I know I said I will not come but it is getting tempting so there is a possibility I might drop by at some point but no need for hotel if I stay overnight will be using tent. I better put S8 through MOT, ran out week ago, should sail straight through I just have been lazy to actually do it. If You go to Billing Aquadrome I will defo drop by there if I get MOT as it is just 10 miles away.
Come on
Old 19th May 2011, 11:57 AM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

Is that some of the piggy you mentioned I may be able to have tasters of?

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
1997 4.2 A8SQ - the Projekt. 12 years and ongoing!
1997 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. Restoration sat waiting; saved from the Scrapyard
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.
2005 C5 Allroad 2.5TDi FE - Grey - Workhorse.
2015 Q3QS SLine - Daytona Grey. Lots of extras! Long Haired Admirals cutter.

Previously
2003 C5 A6 1.9TDI FWD - Loaner from D2 Doctor Lifex
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
2003 2.8 A8SQ - powder blueish. Fill in for a while. Sold on.
1998 1.8T A4 Avant FWD. Ming Blue (there's a theme here), PEX for the 97 S8.
And a list of non VAG going back 40 years before I saw the light.
Old 19th May 2011, 12:10 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Not sure if it matters, but I'm not staying Sunday night, just Friday and Saturday
Old 19th May 2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlue8 View Post
Not sure if it matters, but I'm not staying Sunday night, just Friday and Saturday
no one is staying Sunday night Jim as far as I know, its just listed as in who is attending which days so we know numbers. we will cruise to one of the venues listed, have a stonking day there and then all disperse in mini convoys back to where we all need to get home to!

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 20th May 2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Is that some of the piggy you mentioned I may be able to have tasters of?
The finest pedigree piggy
Old 21st May 2011, 09:16 PM

I'll be there, but only for part of it, bad planning on my part, too much other stuff on that weekend.....

Will probably arrive Friday eve, won't know what time till on the day, so I'll arrange a nearby hotel on the day, and then head over to join everyone else.

I'll then be there from breakfast on Sat till around 4pm-ish, which will let me catch up with everyone and their cars, hopefully get some time with Ben on some stuff on my car, and maybe do a bit the treasure hunt, but I will unfortunately miss the Barbi & Sunday stuff....

Looking forward to it - seems like more than a year since the last one in Yorkshire....
Old 21st May 2011, 09:30 PM

Will be great to see you for even some of it tintin
thanks for making the effort - youre welcome to do as much of the treasure hunt as youd like and join us for lunch at half time etc

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs