A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 13th January 2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J i m s t e r View Post
Re: People not taking lockdown seriously.

I can't believe how much traffic is still on the roads compared to the March lockdown. I walk for half an hour every morning and it's pretty much as it was pre-Covid. Queues still waiting to get on the M1 near me.

Must be a lot of essential workers that weren't essential last time.

Lost my mum, aunt and uncle to Covid. Wife has lost hear aunt. All elderly but not mixing, didn't go shopping etc with no underlying conditions.
I thought the same about the traffic on the rare occasions I venture out. Car has done less than 500 miles since the end of March last year. Should probably sell it, just a depreciating hunk of metal taking up garage space right now.

More importantly though, am so very sorry for your losses, that is just awful, so sorry
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 13th January 2021, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
I thought the same about the traffic on the rare occasions I venture out. Car has done less than 500 miles since the end of March last year. Should probably sell it, just a depreciating hunk of metal taking up garage space right now.

More importantly though, am so very sorry for your losses, that is just awful, so sorry
Thanks Sarg. Been a difficult year, dad went of a sudden heart attack in August and it's not been any easier. I've not had any time off work as being self-employed and not having any work for the first half of 2020 means I can't afford it. Look after yourselves, it's pretty bad out there. Neighbour has gone onto a ventilator, she reckons she caught it in fracture clinic last month.