A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Engine Bay

D2 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

View Poll Results: Is the tube is supposed to be in the Engine bay somewhere?
Yes 1 50.00%
No 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th December 2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Looks extremely familiar and I'm pretty sure mine had an anonymous black vacuum hose.
(Though having just done a search, it was actually over 5 years ago so my memory may be faulty...)
Faulty memory and short uncoloured pipe between black rubber connectors; probably PF vs FL differences.
Mine just has a rubber elbow, short pipe and another elbow straight onto the inlet manifold. Almost all visible in the attached picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FPR.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	22643  
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 29th December 2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 31st December 2019, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Faulty memory and short uncoloured pipe between black rubber connectors; probably PF vs FL differences.
Mine just has a rubber elbow, short pipe and another elbow straight onto the inlet manifold. Almost all visible in the attached picture.
Thank you for taking the trouble of posting a comparison pic.

Do you think that the vacuum line subsequently routes to the other side of the engine as mine does, or does it connect into the manifold close by to where you have photographed?
Old 31st December 2019, 10:13 AM

It's definitely straight onto the manifold from the second elbow, but that's a late facelift 40V engine as opposed to your presumably 32V pre-facelift one.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 1st January 2020, 01:49 AM

Quote:
It's definitely straight onto the manifold from the second elbow, but that's a late facelift 40V engine as opposed to your presumably 32V pre-facelift one.
Thanks. I expect you are correct about the engine difference. I'd imagine that there would be a myriad of changes, hopefully all improvements!