A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > Other Audis

Other Audis All other Audi related chat

Old 7th December 2012, 03:32 PM

Default My First Audi

Just found the only known photo I have of my first Audi, apologies for the quality as it's obviously a photo of a photo, but thought it worth sharing.

It's the S4 I mentioned in my introduction, a 1994 Ragussa green one, I'm sure all on here will know more about them then I ever will. I was fond of the car, my first quattro obviously, and though the tints are not to everyones taste I thought it was a great looking car. I'd just had a stainless exhaust made and fitted at Leeds for around 600 quid then my A8 came along and it was no contest, it had to go.

And before anyone mentions it, I don't always dress like that, I was at a wedding
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120701-01110.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	552.9 KB
ID:	5349  

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 7th December 2012, 03:39 PM

Nice handbag too! Who's the guy driving ?
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 7th December 2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Nice handbag too! Who's the guy driving ?

My boyfriend / minder / chaffuer

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 7th December 2012, 07:35 PM

Ah, you were quick there HP! The set up line was perfect for such a response. Eric and Ernie couldnt have bettered that!
Old 9th December 2012, 08:34 PM

Little and Large surely?

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 9th December 2012, 09:15 PM

Who dat?

(PS Dont you call me surely... )
Old 8th January 2013, 06:08 PM

Fantastic looking car! Very smart.
Old 9th January 2013, 09:11 AM

Cheers fella, I thought it looked great but it was quite rare so I guess not many people knew what it was anyway.

On the subject of your A8, I'm resisting the urge to come and look at it as you're very close to me. It's got loads more toys than mine but when I'm ready to upgrade I want to get a D3. I'm worried if I do see yours I'll be tempted to buy it

Good luck with selling it, I hope you get sorted with something more suitable

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 9th January 2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I'm resisting the urge to come and look at it
Go on, you know you want to......
Old 9th January 2013, 12:18 PM

An endless supply of spares and panels, it's certainly tempting.....but sentiment wouldn't allow me to let mine be the donor car, it just doesn't deserve that fate

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra