A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th February 2021, 01:29 PM

I got it from Hitek Electronics - they had the lowest price and cheapest next-day shipping. They're a Permabond and Henkel (Loctite) dealer so a handy supplier of both ranges.

JBWeld is ok as a general purpose epoxy, but I've never actually checked the data for it to see how strong it is on various substrates or conditions. When I have a specific application I tend to go searching for a product designed for the job. My usual go-to for products like this is Loctite - their 638 retainer will glue slip-fit components together so they never ever come apart. But, 638 doesn't do gap filling so I needed something else and Loctite aren't too strong on the methacrylates for some reason. TA4207 can do small gap filling and is optimised to work on unprepared aluminium so fit the bill perfectly. TA4202 is a general purpose methacrylate but it needs aluminium to be sandblasted to get a decent bond.

There are a few Permabond epoxies (ET500) on Amazon, and the TA4202 methacrylate, but for some reason not the TA4027, hence Hitek.