A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 5th June 2014, 09:26 PM

M-A8, check the sale section for a dab unit
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 19th June 2014, 12:51 PM

Not sure where to ask this, so its going here I guess.

Randomly found this on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221447562663

Anyone know if that will work with our cars?
Its a hell of a lot cheaper than ours and the first half othe part number is different but the rest apparently is compatible.

EDIT: Ignore me. Software is wrong.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.

Last edited by ScottD3; 19th June 2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10th August 2014, 04:42 PM

Thanks for all the how-tos and part lists.
I just ordered a used 4L0 gateway as mine has no RVC tickbox to enable RVC and also the Camera Contol Unit
to activate the correct Video signal to the MMI and add the steering guide lines.
I already have a suitable PDC ECU as standard and the TV tuner, so I think just a matter of wiring and camera.
To keep the cost low, I was hoping to use..
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Water...854346160.html
as long as it has no guidelines - most aftermarket cameras seem to have static guidelines superimposed.

Last edited by snapdragon; 10th August 2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10th August 2014, 08:46 PM

You will be able to use an aftermarket camera but you will have to rely on your eyes and mirrors as the lines might not keep your body work safe.

But its no big deal, my camera is not calibrated and I manage fine, as I still use mirrors etc.

The biggest benefit for me is the ability to get really close to walls etc when reversing.

Old 11th August 2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
You will be able to use an aftermarket camera but you will have to rely on y......
Thanks dude, will get all the stuff and test before fitting properly - I read the Q7 camer has 170˚ angle so will try and get close to that. Guidelines not that important as I manage at the moment with no camera at all, but missed thin posts twice in 3 years and have damaged the bumper slightly so hopefully the camera will see these (and chainlink fence can be a problem if no uprights behind the car).
Old 11th August 2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
Hi

Don't get the ones I got (9 SMD chips per bulb) as occasionally when engine is off and lights on, 1 or 2 chips on one bulb only will flash occasionally when stationary. But as its only 1-2 chips from total of 18 chips so really not that visible.
Also, I haven't fitted resistors yet to see if they will stop that.

So, this is what I would buy now, very small chip but CREE chips are extremely bright. I've got CREE chips on my DRLs and they are amazing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2707015431...84.m1439.l2649

Don't forget to buy 2, price for each.
First off I have to give great credit to the thread starter as it's attention to detail, it's descriptive posting is some of the best that I've seen in all the times I've been on forums and I'm ex MLR and I thought those boys were particular! This is great! If only ever post was like this I would say it would be almost time to say good buy to dealers altogether for repairs!

Secondly I've noticed the ebay link in the quote above, I currently have lED bulbs in mine, yeah they're not bad... But previously
I've had the ones that are the complete units so that they replace the whole unit including the exterior face of the lens... Does anyone know the correct place or have a link for the ones that fit out D3's as I've had three different sets in my hands and none of them got as they were all the wrong size! I would really like a set bug struggling to find the correct ones for that really intense bright white rear number ok ate illumination. Anyone able to help point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance... regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 11th August 2014, 10:15 PM

Mark, I can sort you out with some number plate bulbs but the replacement units that you're after.

The ones you tried are they from Audi?
Mate replaced his on his A6 with standard Audi units.
I'm tempted to see if they sill fit our 8 for s nice OEM solution.
Old 12th August 2014, 04:00 PM

Mark, just buy two new light fittings from Audi and CREE LEDs from the link, not to bright not to dark. I think it's a way much better solution to your problem imho
Just don't forget to buy the correct size, but if you do, you can still bend the connector plates in a bit if you buy smaller size than required

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-3W-Whi...item4d1c3d2dbb

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 13th August 2014, 06:58 AM

I found the part numbers.
4H0 943 021 and 4H0 943 022

I'm tempted to try it.
Apparently they do fit the newer A8.
Old 13th August 2014, 09:48 AM

Well, they look good I have to say Scott.
I found one listing where they look a bit to short but on the attached one they look just right
Apparently A5 and Q7 fitment
I would be tempted as well but CREE LEDs I mentioned earlier doing a Really good job
They different than standard SMD chip and light weirdly looks sharper.
But oem stuff I think will look better
Quick call to audi to see hom much they want for a pair???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-13-10-38-17.png
Views:	277
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	8736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-13-10-36-08.png
Views:	287
Size:	837.6 KB
ID:	8737  

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten