A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Everything Else

D4 - Everything Else Holding forum for all D4 banter until membership grows and we'll expand out

Old 10th July 2023, 03:41 PM

Default General D4 quirks

So thought I'd start a little D4 quirks list as I've found a few little differences over previous models that aren't as appealing/useful in previous versions.

feel free to add anything else...

1/ LWB doesn't have the elec seat button in back to move front passenger seat - is it only available with certain seat spec or just not available now?

2/ d4 doesn't have fuel filler release button in cabin annoying when you forget and open the boot

3/ d4 doesn't have sunstrip on windscreen bloody annoying with the sun (when we get it)

4/ cleaner buttons on d3 with one button to control the interior lights for cabin or just back passengers instead of multiple buttons in d4

5/ no folding door pockets on d4 like was on d3

6/ only 2 memory seats on d4
1990 2.3 20v 7a Coupe Quattro

**SOLD** 1996 2.6 v6 cabriolet, Isis red metallic
**DEAD ** 2009 D3, 3.0tdi sport, black

Had a few Audis over the years, mostly early stuff, newest was a D3 prior to my D4, nothing much kept me smitten with other marques so I floated about a bit from one thing to another until that four ring lure caught hold

Old 25th July 2023, 04:48 PM

My 2014 facelift is a 4.2TDi LWB and;

1. I do have a pushbutton on the n/s of the rear console at the top front which when pushed in illuminates a red LED and allows the rear passenger to move the front seat forwards/backwards.

2. No it doesn't but you soon get used to it! For a while after starting the car I sometimes pressed the start button again instead of the handbrake button meaning I ended up starting the car twice!

3. Mine doesn't have the top tint either but at least it allows my dashcam a clear view! What bothers me more is the gap around the rear view mirror that lets the sun shine through even when both sun visors are down. My earlier cars had a small flap that I usually left in the down position.

4. I like multiple buttons for interior lights as I'm not disturbed if any of the passengers want to put their own lights on.

5. I never liked the folding door pockets on elastic bands on the earlier car and the passenger side on my earlier car had a broken hinge anyway.

6. All 4 seats on mine have the memory function but my rears are heated/ventilated/reclining/massage if that might make a difference?

I'll add a couple of items from memory* to your list;

7. Only 3 heated seat levels on a push button with the D4 vs 6 position rotary control on the D3 I think?

8. I did like the fact that there seemed to be more open door-stop positions on the D3 than the D4

Having said that my D4 is more refined than the D3 (which in turn was more refined than the D2) and has more toys as it should really I suppose as it was Audi Ireland's launch car for the facelift so was pretty much fully loaded apart from B&O which I would have really, really liked and RSE which now looks like it was factory fitted although still not wired up!

Oh and no garage door opener which I wouldn't have used anyway!

-=Glyn=-

* Memory not as good as it used to be. It's an age thing...

Last edited by GlynH; 25th July 2023 at 05:00 PM.
Old 25th July 2023, 08:14 PM

Thanks,

1/ I’ll need to check for that

3/ yes forgot the handy little centre visor

6/ I’ve no rear elec seats but what I meant was less memory saves per seat - d3 had IIRC 4 save buttons to the d4s 2

7/ yep good shout, I did like the way the mmi worked with that better, not that I use heated seat much anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynH View Post
My 2014 facelift is a 4.2TDi LWB and;

1. I do have a pushbutton on the n/s of the rear console at the top front which when pushed in illuminates a red LED and allows the rear passenger to move the front seat forwards/backwards.

2. No it doesn't but you soon get used to it! For a while after starting the car I sometimes pressed the start button again instead of the handbrake button meaning I ended up starting the car twice!

3. Mine doesn't have the top tint either but at least it allows my dashcam a clear view! What bothers me more is the gap around the rear view mirror that lets the sun shine through even when both sun visors are down. My earlier cars had a small flap that I usually left in the down position.

4. I like multiple buttons for interior lights as I'm not disturbed if any of the passengers want to put their own lights on.

5. I never liked the folding door pockets on elastic bands on the earlier car and the passenger side on my earlier car had a broken hinge anyway.

6. All 4 seats on mine have the memory function but my rears are heated/ventilated/reclining/massage if that might make a difference?

I'll add a couple of items from memory* to your list;

7. Only 3 heated seat levels on a push button with the D4 vs 6 position rotary control on the D3 I think?

8. I did like the fact that there seemed to be more open door-stop positions on the D3 than the D4

Having said that my D4 is more refined than the D3 (which in turn was more refined than the D2) and has more toys as it should really I suppose as it was Audi Ireland's launch car for the facelift so was pretty much fully loaded apart from B&O which I would have really, really liked and RSE which now looks like it was factory fitted although still not wired up!

Oh and no garage door opener which I wouldn't have used anyway!

-=Glyn=-

* Memory not as good as it used to be. It's an age thing...
1990 2.3 20v 7a Coupe Quattro

**SOLD** 1996 2.6 v6 cabriolet, Isis red metallic
**DEAD ** 2009 D3, 3.0tdi sport, black

Had a few Audis over the years, mostly early stuff, newest was a D3 prior to my D4, nothing much kept me smitten with other marques so I floated about a bit from one thing to another until that four ring lure caught hold